Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mud has been upgraded to 2.2.14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:30 am 
Arch-Caretaker

What's new:

Dungeons (Alpha version)

The bare beginnings of dungeons are in. Dungeons are procedurally generated areas similar to epics, but finite in length and intended for all level ranges.

Finding dungeons

You can find dungeons by bumping in to them on the world map (find a stone archway), or digging up treasure maps. I've enabled a very basic spider nest dungeon in forests, just to spot any initial problems. Right now the dungeons are oblivious to the quality of your treasure map, and no extra treasure is added, so I'd suggest holding on to your higher quality maps for now.

Entering Dungeons

When you find a stone archway, type 'enter' or 'use <name of entrance>' to enter it. Alternatively you can find one with a treasure map.

The first person entering a dungeon claims it, sealing off the exit for others. When you leave the dungeon, you and your party members can re-enter it via runewalk. Players you kick from your party won't be kicked from the dungeon, but they will no longer be able to runewalk to it.
Deserted dungeons (= not visited by players) fall back into obscurity in 15 minutes; you won't be able to access them after that.

Changelog

+ Extended dungeon code.
+ Tweaked mobile hitpoints.
+ added command to bestow achievements to players manually.
+ Bugfix: Logging in a character with a high number of old treasure maps no longer crashes the mud.

Post subject: Re: Mud has been upgraded to 2.2.14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:17 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  Profile

I found a large patch of these (>10), but they all give me the "A dungeon entrance is forgotten" message when I try to enter them - is this because they're just all timed out? (Yet they are only generated when I walk on the square, because the gravity code kicks in once I walk in the room and locate shows that they've only just been generated).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:48 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

malkier wrote:
I found a large patch of these (>10), but they all give me the "A dungeon entrance is forgotten" message when I try to enter them - is this because they're just all timed out? (Yet they are only generated when I walk on the square, because the gravity code kicks in once I walk in the room and locate shows that they've only just been generated).

Do you get any other error or message? That is the normal message when a dungeon gets claimed. Looks like it's just not moving you into the dungeon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:50 pm 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

[quote="Celeborn"]What's new:

[u][i][b]Dungeons (Alpha version)[/b][/i][/u]

The bare beginnings of dungeons are in. Dungeons are procedurally generated areas similar to epics, but finite in length and intended for all level ranges.

[u][i][b]Finding dungeons[/b][/i][/u]

You can find dungeons by bumping in to them on the world map (find a stone archway), or digging up treasure maps. I've enabled a very basic spider nest dungeon in forests, just to spot any initial problems. Right now the dungeons are oblivious to the quality of your treasure map, and no extra treasure is added, so I'd suggest holding on to your higher quality maps for now.

[u][i][b]Entering Dungeons[/b][/i][/u]

When you find a stone archway, type 'enter' or 'use <name of entrance>' to enter it. Alternatively you can find one with a treasure map.

The first person entering a dungeon claims it, sealing off the exit for others. When you leave the dungeon, you and your party members can re-enter it via runewalk. Players you kick from your party won't be kicked from the dungeon, but they will no longer be able to runewalk to it.
Deserted dungeons (= not visited by players) fall back into obscurity in 15 minutes; you won't be able to access them after that.

[u][i][b]Changelog[/b][/i][/u]

+ Extended dungeon code.
+ Tweaked mobile hitpoints.
+ added command to bestow achievements to players manually.
+ Bugfix: Logging in a character with a high number of old treasure maps no longer crashes the mud.[/quote]

Really like this idea, good job on this Celeborn :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 am 

I've found and entered 2 seperate dungeons without trouble..neither was in a "patch" ...but just single dungeons in the forest areas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:01 am 

Also..when you interrupt the crafting process, you used to be able to finish it by typing use <item> ..but now since this patch it seems to not work..when you type it nothing at all happens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 pm 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

Typo bug:

(large) A knotted ash tree has relinquished its centuries long hold on the earth..

Extra period at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:10 pm 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

Typo bug:

You circle around a cotton shrub,

Line ends there, comma for period.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:16 am 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

You have no idea what to do with that.

that's the message you get when you attempt to process old system cotton.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:44 am 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

Kowyr oocs 'Terkal vows for you, you are now allowed to raise above level 10!'
Kowyr oocs 'lol.'
Kowyr oocs 'im e34'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:33 am 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

A web of colossal crystals lies here.

If you interrupt a harvest of these items, like say you type harvest crystal to start up the stripping of it and you interrupt it by typing who; it will not allow to re-harvest the crystal again it will consider it automatically stripped as soon as you start. The crystal is left sitting on the ground unable to be harvested.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:35 pm 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

You are able to harvest from a pine tree without having a lumber axe, I've come across yew and cedar so for, as well, and they work correctly in this manner.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:50 am 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

a bronze saw

extra space after bronze.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:29 am 
Lowbie
 E-mail  Profile

[quote="Celeborn"]
Do you get any other error or message? That is the normal message when a dungeon gets claimed. Looks like it's just not moving you into the dungeon.[/quote]
No, I don't get any other error or message, just that one. A couple of other players have noticed this too. No one else was in a (world map) dungeon at the time.

[quote="Argos"]Bug Found: While Chopping Down Trees on Occasion I get ALOT of treasure maps from the trees, in fact on one occasion I pulled 32 maps from one tree.[/quote]
Yah, I got about 30 maps (stained) from one tree too (!)

- When buying skills and your inventory is full, you get the message 'your hands are full' - not applicable to skills.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:28 pm 

[quote="malkier"][quote="Celeborn"]
Do you get any other error or message? That is the normal message when a dungeon gets claimed. Looks like it's just not moving you into the dungeon.[/quote]
No, I don't get any other error or message, just that one. A couple of other players have noticed this too. No one else was in a (world map) dungeon at the time.

[quote="Argos"]Bug Found: While Chopping Down Trees on Occasion I get ALOT of treasure maps from the trees, in fact on one occasion I pulled 32 maps from one tree.[/quote]
Yah, I got about 30 maps (stained) from one tree too (!)

- When buying skills and your inventory is full, you get the message 'your hands are full' - not applicable to skills.[/quote]

........................................so thats where my tattered maps went Cele..told you I had a bunch and they just vanished :/ ...same thing that happened with the portal from a cit being fished up. :/