Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2010 Patch Beta Period
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:34 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

After a lot of consideration I've decided to test the new patch on main port. This will mean you'll have to deal with some annoyances, but I'm confident it is worth the sacrifice.

Friday into Saturday (22 jan)

Mud will be down while we upgrade everything.

Saturday (23 jan)

After the patch goes on you will notice your equipment attributes changed, and your old crafts have been converted into craft buying points. (No pwipe, sorry! :p)

some parts of the game will be disabled until they get some more attention (Salvage, Cooking, Fishing, Foraging, Recrafting, Ring Crafting, Treasure hunting). Some materials will be semi-useless until we get all the materials set up in the days after the patch, especially wood and stone. This will reflect in your current equipment.

Short term:

Things should stabilize fairly quickly. We will be adding new recipes, crafts, restoring commands and tuning materials during these weeks. This is a good time to play around with the new features.

I'd suggest keeping your most valuable characters and items in the bank (or citadel). Given the workload we have you will not get lost or changed items reimbursed, except for items that have sentimental value.

There is a small chance of rolling back changes or characters if anything major happens. I'd advise against hoarding resources after the patch goes in purely for the sake of hoarding; I will be purging newly acquired resources if the situation warrants it.

Just experiment and have fun. Report any issues in the forums.

Long term:

When everything becomes stable again I'll give a heads up. This would be the ideal time to update the equipment and crafts of your main.

This thread details all the changes.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Post subject: Re: 2010 Patch Beta Period
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:00 am 
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

WEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee!

For here, apart, Dwells one whos hands have wrought strange eidola that chill the world with fear: Whose graven runes in tomes of dread have taught what things beyond the star-gulfs lurk and leer. H.P Lovecraft

Azmodeus Obliette, Stealer of Souls

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:11 am 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

:) *does a tasty food dances*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:44 am 
Arch-Caretaker

maudlin wrote:
From what you said, Cele, do I assume correctly that only the items currently on our characters will be converted to the new system, and all the other stuff not in our characters' inventory will temporarily be left unchanged?

As long as you don't log a char, it won't convert it. Not adventuring with gear will keep it safe from playing glitches.