Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: On sovereign guilds, how to become/stay sovereign
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:17 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

-Cel- Moved to announcements, others should know about this.

Hey, i have a few things id like to discuss if possible.
I just came back from vacation so I missed when the whole CoS craft thing and the sovereign guild list changes were made. Id like some clarification if possible since it says that the Kialli might be off the list soon.
I suppose my member count needs to go up? Is there a deadline?
Just out of curiosity what are the list of requirements? Or is it on feeling? Like in relation to a guild having lots of members but not a well written/thought out theme, whats the choice,etc?

2nd thing: Is the CoS guild craft something that was given as reward to Vogar for services rendered or will other sovereign guilds be getting unique skills? Reason i ask this is because their skill will promote crafting and the guild as a whole, leading to more members. Im thinking that several of the RP guilds (especially) could use a boost as well. And thats including mine. Ive rewritten my guild requirements already to state that members dont have to be very good at RP or even do it actively but just that their character aspects have to be in theme. Unfort. (ironically) in a place where you have to read a lot, most people dont want to even read a 24 line bio let alone write something like it. Id hate to remove that part of my guild but in the interest of staying on the sovereign list i suppose i could exclude it as a requirement and promote it within the guild itself.
Basically what my ranting comes down to is do you guys have any ideas that might boost membership without losing all my theme-integrity? And/or can I negotiate a skill for the Kialli so i can enhance either the RP aspect of the guild or enhance the player itself in relation to the theme. I already have a couple of ideas, but im not sure if its codable let alone if you feel that we're worthy. Some ideas for the RP side might be to allow Kialli (demons essentially) to transform at will depending on their power (based on rank/mana mb). This wouldnt be a shapeshift but actually being able to change the race-name temporarily or at will. (I realize this might be hard to do and that it might be *too* much) Or for example, the Kialli demons being creatures of darkness, could have a certain power at night or something.
I hope I can discuss this with you guys. I dont want something that is powerful that I can exploit, but something that makes us unique and adds a different aspect to the game. Although I dont like using something like this as a sales pitch, it would help my member count a lot. The same goes for the other guilds on the list that either just got demoted or will be.

Post subject: On sovereign guilds, how to become/stay one?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:55 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Heya. :)

In game reasoning
Certain guilds have slipt out of view of the population of Alora. Others are slipping. They might be forgotten, or they might shine again, depending on their effort.

out of game reasoning
I removed sovereign status from which I consider unlikely to grow and/or change with any decent speed. Stale guilds, single player guilds, that sort of thing. Those I wasn't exactly sure of being Sovereign material by the observations i'v done, but aren't stale or totally memberless I gave a respite to show their worth. How long this respite will be I cant say, but I will be fair in this matter.

How to become/stray sovereign
There are no precise requirements. A sovereign guild should take precedence in the world of Alora, really add something, both for players, as the game world. A guild that is noticed and revered, that gives a certain status to players. A visible intent and effort to exist will go a long way.

Guild Uniques:
On guild rewards, I plan to gift sovereign with their own special things, in due time however, and not by request or specification. If your guild description or actions do not inspire me you dont deserve one. :P