Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: I told you so. (Mining quantities)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:01 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Well, I guess it's time for me to say I told you so. Don't say nobody warned you. Me and others immediatly notified everybody of the mining problems, and yet they were never fixed, and now it has created an unrepairable rift in the entire crafting economy.

Damage may have been done, but it would still be VERY NICE if it doesnt stay like this. Handing out the best gems in the game in high quantities is lame.

Please fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:17 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I haven't heard anything from the immies stating that it was going to stay that way. Perhaps they are in the process of fixing the mines; one issue can be addressed at a time. Celeborn can only work so much like everyone else.

But yes, I agree in the sense that the damage is done.

Things can be fixed, but must be done soon, or the damage will not be repairable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:32 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Ive actually heard it said that Celeborn wants it exactly this way...im rather doubtful that it will be fixed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:31 am 

Less gems, less chests with so much money in them.

Why would Cele want it like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:34 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

We can not understand the mind of the creator :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:10 am 
 WWW  Profile

Tuler wrote:
Less gems, less chests with so much money in them.

Why would Cele want it like this?

Right now people are of course, estatic about the gold rush because they are seeing more money than they have ever before. They now have the money to buy anything. But all it has done is made one thing less challengable about the game.

A. How have crafters been affected as a result of the gold rush?

- Crafters in a way, have lost their businesses or no longer feel to keep their businesses. Why?

1. People are crafting everything now. Eventually, there will be a rare need to seek a crafted/enchanted item from someone.

2. Crafters can raise prices. But why? I can go down into the mines and make more than enough. Why should I waste hours of my time on someone else's order?

3. Why would someone pay a crafter their raised prices anyway when they have more than enough money to purchase the resources they need to learn to craft it themselves? Yes, we can't craft and enchant EVERYTHING, but it doesn't take a genius to know that all the important equipment can be made through all alts.

B. How have miners who have mined for business/money purposes been affected by the gold rush and by higher being gems made available?

1. Gems aren't worth as much. Today alone, I got over 50 varying gems (garnet to diamond) on a Mitrill miner. I have it set in my mind if I spend just 20 minutes with my Mitrill Miner a day going down and mining up gems, why would I buy them off auction when I have enough to craft my own equipment? Not to mention, why take my gem miner down? I still am not seeing a difference in the amt being mined between a gem/ore miner. Yes, I HAVE noticed that some things have been tweaked, but for me and some others, we think it's still not enough.

2. Portals of gems being auctioned aren't going for nearly as much as they were. The comment used to be, "Man, I wish I had the money to buy that portal." Now, nearly 3-5 players state, "Not worth it" every time a gem portal is auctioned. lol. I saw a portal with 9 uncut obsidians and varied other gems for 12k. shrug.

I am just simply concerned for that fact that the game needs to remain challengable. No, I am not in to making it hard - and I have even questioned myself if the reason I am so biased is because I have already established myself on the game in many areas. It's a matter of if you want to keep players on the game, you need to keep it challengable. I can't tell you how many times Celeborn that someone has told me, "I am thinking about quitting. The game is becoming boring." =( I just hate to see this happen. If I am wrong, great. I enjoy playing the game, but 'I' alone know three people who have quit the game because they are bored with the way things have come.

And well, if this is what Cele wants. He is as Kiasyn stated - the creator.

*huggles everyone* I know, it's just an opinion :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:39 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

less gems, less chests, more money = less gems, less chests

if everyone has more money, then everyone is rich! if everyone is has more money, then no one is really rich...
Now that there's more money floating around, prices of everyting including crafts will simply go up. already Nell is thinking of raising her craft up by 70-80% or more. I dont really see anyone benefit from this. The only losers from this code are those that cant mine or too lazy to mine.

Is it really less gems?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:31 pm 
Tri-Avatar

No. It's tons more gems. Gems are POURING FROM THE GROUND at stupidly high rates. Jades, blue daimonds, diamonds, obsidians, and anything else. Anything you find in the mines you can mine up, even without being a master at it.

It's a disgrace. The imms were notified immediatly of the problem, and instead of listening to me, meh, and other intelligent players...They listened to the players who had no idea what the hell was going on.

So it wasn't fixed. Nor do I think they intend to fix it. Nothing in the game is difficult anymore. Mining was the only challenging thing, and now it's so easy it's laughable.

But whatever. I have moved on. I log in DL often to say hello, but I don't 'play' anymore. Having the entire playerbase emulate my months of effort in mere days was insult enough, and then the gems start pouring...Yeah, I have other things I can do with my spare time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:20 am 

I had no idea it had gotten that bad. Gems pouring from the ground? Yipes.

Then why not make every item mined from the ground variable in mass? As in, even though you uncovered jade, it's only a small sliver, so it doesn't really add up to a whole one, only like, .2 of one. It'd take 5 of these damned things to equal just one.

Want a constant market for crafting? Here's an idea. Items have lifespans. That is, every minute logged in is a minute off the time till your item falls apart due to a realistic and a universal rule: entropy. Corpses decay... why not items fall apart after awhile?

You can keep repairing that old watch, but eventually it'll meet it's end.
You can't beat infinite surplus without infinite loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:30 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Hahahahahaha Jorelani. Don't even bother with suggestions, they don't care. If they did, don't you think they would have at the very least replied to this thread even once?

Have you read through the original thread on the subject? If you haven't, go check it out. "NEW MINE CODE THREAD EXTRAVAGANZA!"

Even so, it's too late to ever repair the damage. Greedy and selfish players are already in possession of stupidly large quantities of resources. There was a window, and they missed it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:56 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

for what reason? to set ourselves up for an onslaught of flames?
i mean, look at the title, "i told you so" why would anyone respond to that?
and considering we have ALL beat this to death in the codeport section, and im sure others, why must we also reply to this one?

i can do nothing to help you (as i have no control over it), and celeborn is working on things.

so, flame away if thats what you need of me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:45 am 
Tri-Avatar

I knew that would provoke a response from somebody, bahahahahaha.

Why would anybody respond? Well, why did you respond? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:39 am 

PWIPE!!! BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!! THEN URINATE UPON THE REMAINS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:27 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

As far as assuming my intentions, just assume i'm away taking care of my RL. I'm a cuddly green pixie, not a demonic big red dragon! *wink isa*

I agree with most comments in this thread. The game feels somewhat watered down in many ways. I put in a fix for the treasure pops last week. Will take a while for the chests to thin out to normal levels but it'll plug the insane money flow.

For the rest, i'll see what I can do to make the game fun again for all the nice people on here, like Nellwyn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:13 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Code:
Why would anybody respond? Well, why did you respond?

Code:
Hahahahahaha Jorelani. Don't even bother with suggestions, they don't care. If they did, don't you think they would have at the very least replied to this thread even once?

because you asked me to (in your own little way)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:19 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Isabelle wrote:
Code:
Why would anybody respond? Well, why did you respond?

Code:

because you asked me to (in your own little way)

Well there you go. You answered your own question.