(X) tells you 'fudge it'

(X) tells you 'i can mine my own now :P'

You tell (X) 'exactly'

You tell (X) 'so go do it'

Well, at least (X) will be going mining now =D

*Name has been changed for privacy. =P

Post subject: latest mine patch
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:32 pm 

With the latest mine patch, I destroy all the ores more often now, but with gemstone there seems to be a problem.

I have an almost maxed out ore miner.

I can mine everything rarer than Carnelian with ease, almost no destruction, and I destroy almost all the citrine and carnelian I come across. There seems to be something backwards in this area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:09 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

I don't know what was intended to be changed. However whatever was changed seems to be backwards.

Stone used to be harder to mine through. You had to actually mine it. Destroying it only removed about 25-50 pieces depending on stone being mined. Success however mined a heck of a lot faster, at 350 or so pieces. Now that the changes went in, we can destroy about 250 pieces of stone at a time. That means even a 100% ore/gem miner can mine through granite at roughly the rate as a 100% Granite miner. Why? Because they are destroying at about the same rate he can dig.

Gems seem easier to both get and destroy. The rarer the gem, the easier it seems to get with a 100% miner of any kind. A day ago, a 100% Ore miner could only pop citrine and carnelian reliably in small ammounts. Now a 100% ore miner can pull small ammounts of any gem at all. That includes Jade, Diamonds, and Blue Diamonds.

Destroy rates for stuff your good at mining are a bit insane. a 100% mitrill miner can mine 1 to 10 ore, or destroy 10 ore at any given dig. It ends up he nearly destroys as much mitrill as he mines. Is anyone else going to get any better then him? Why then is there that metal there if even an addept is going to destroy it.

Other metals minablity for a mitrill miner has gone down markedly. Iron can be mined at about 5-30 ore at a time, or 60 ore is destroyed. Meteorite (if it can be found) is a toss up between destroying it all, and getting one ore.

In short, its a lot easier to burn through walls and get rare gems. Its a lot harder to get materials your susposed to be good to decent at getting.

On another note.... a lot of '?' treasures appear on pathways. However they aren't appearing to spawn correctly. The rooms are not becoming filled so that they need to be mined again. The result is that you can mine toward a '?' just to find nothing is there, not even stone to mine through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:21 pm 
Caretaker

I have noticed the stone mining much faster if you fail than if you succeed.
My 99% mitrill 1% granite miner is doing what Vogar described, mining 1 or 2 and destroying 10 ore. My 99% gem 1% granite miner has trouble mining carnelian and citrine...burning up 11 at a time....but can mine higher than that with at least 1 gem per spot. I love the new mining and am not complaining here, just wanting to share my findings to hopefully help out.:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

(X) tells you 'how much for a e 9 blue ring'

is this wat you wanted to happen? Blue diamond are as common as anything.

(A) has an e200 blue diamond ring.

(B) has an e170 blue diamond templas.

e200 blue diamond equipment should be rare as hell. not this common

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:45 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

What your saying is that only Kiasyn should have, make, and/or sell Blue Diamond gear? Well, I feel for you... actually... I don't...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:48 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

no, what im saying is that blue diamonds have become far to common. as with meteorite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:49 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

And are you saying that you want tons of people running around with equipment with over 40k space on a SINGLE item?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:07 am 
Tri-Avatar

I WOULD feel for kiasyn, except that she's been bragging about the meteorite pulling for the last few days now. It seems that as long as imbalance benefits her, it's fine. But if it doesn't, it's wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:20 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

If you would scroll up Kiasyn, you will notice what Sardonyx and myself found about mining. I watches someone pull 6 Uncut Blue Diamond from a wall of Obvious ammounts. With the mining skill they had, they should have destroyed all of it, or pulled one piece.

Had you thought to report that kinda of stuff Kiasyn? Or would your rather spend your time looking for Blue Diamond? Saying "people are making and selling blue-diamond jewelry" doesn't say a lick about mining now does it? For all that could mean, someone found a way to boost crafting success rates. Someone could have also have got those diamonds in chests. Or they could have just decided to use blue diamonds they have been sitting on for months now.

Oh no! Someone with a blue diamond ring! Kiasyn did not make it! Lets purge them! Quick before the word spreads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:50 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ok lemme rephrase. BECAUSE OF THE ABUNDANCE OF BLUE DIAMOND IN THE MINES PEOPLE ARE NOW BUYING BLUE DIAMOND JEWELLERY AND CRAP THAT ISNT MADE BY ME (EVEN THO I HAVE NEVER MADE ANY BLUE DIAMOND JEWELLERY)

Post subject: Mining
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:00 am 
Ok....I agree that the previous patch made mining a little too easy, but I have a complaint with this new patch. If you take a 0% adepted miner down to mine something, you constantly destroy things and never get anything accomplished. How am I suppose to adept a mining technique if everything I do is destroyed with no raise in percentages. This reminds me of salvaging except...I can mine for hours and hours...and never get a thing. At least, prior to the mining changes, if you didn't dig something up, you still raised a small percentage. I think this should be allowed again. Otherwise, new miners are going to get too frustrated and quit the mining deal. Not to mention that this isn't fair, because players that already are adepted have nothing to worry about with this new patch. I'm not saying that when things are destroyed that you raise the same amount as when you succeed, but like the old mining...raise a smaller percent...at least you would be getting somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:18 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Shayde - ignoring the problem for the 'skill not raising' just for a moment, are you still pulling out alot of resources, or none at all?

Post subject: Response to Isabelle's Question
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:44 am 
I will dig up say (100) clay, but it is destroyed constantly. I am unable to dig up anything successfully. Hope that answers your question. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:10 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

Ling has about 50/50% in citrine/carnelian respectively and he ruins the gems pretty often. Is this intended? On the other hand, Aiglis can dig up jades, obsidians, zircon at a much more success rate even though his skill in those gems are significantly lower. Is this right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:15 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

Finally i've played around with the new mining system and one thing that i've notice is the confusion. Maybe i'm still too new to the the whole mining thing. I often find myself lost in the mine. Especially when i switch between alts.

It would be really nice if we can mark our trails along the mine. Perhaps something like X's.

Other from the above concerns, the mine is great. I like it alot more than before. It is a bit more difficult to bot(not that i bot) but it is alot more dynamic. Mining is actually fun and exciting now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:57 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Shira wrote:
ECONOMY:

(X) tells you 'how much do u sell mitrill for now?'

You tell (X) '200 per ingot'

(X) tells you 'still?'

You tell (X) 'yep =D'

(X) tells you 'fudge it'

(X) tells you 'i can mine my own now :P'

You tell (X) 'exactly'

You tell (X) 'so go do it'

Well, at least (X) will be going mining now =D

*Name has been changed for privacy. =P
my name is not X its "Zidane"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:16 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Haha, this old depressing thread got bumped.

TOLD YOU SO!

Had to say it again. The weems is rarely wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:17 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Quote:
I WOULD feel for kiasyn, except that she's been bragging about the meteorite pulling for the last few days now. It seems that as long as imbalance benefits her, it's fine. But if it doesn't, it's wrong.

erm... kiasyns a guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:52 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Chilliwack wrote:
Quote:

erm... kiasyns a guy

At the itme of that posting, I believe kiasyn was still a female. And plus, if you correct people every time they call kiasyn a woman, you will be doing it for a very long time. Those of us who have known kiasyn a long time have been conditioned to think of him/her as a her...So theres not much we can do, the tongue (fingers) slips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:53 am 
 E-mail  Profile

well... i would like to add something to the mining % and what they could mine up for example, my shalestone miner has never ever ruined any adamantite or meteorite :twisted: (100% shalestone) another weird combo... adamantite/meteorite and shalestone... so i dont make a cool adamantite/meteorite miner... i just use my shalestone miner for that :D (so it comes down to that my shalestone miner mines better than a 100% meteorite/adamantite miner :!: )

Xaho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:54 pm 

xaho wrote:
well... i would like to add something to the mining % and what they could mine up for example, my shalestone miner has never ever ruined any adamantite or meteorite :twisted: (100% shalestone) another weird combo... adamantite/meteorite and shalestone... so i dont make a cool adamantite/meteorite miner... i just use my shalestone miner for that :D (so it comes down to that my shalestone miner mines better than a 100% meteorite/adamantite miner :!: )

Xaho

If you think so...