Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Paintball
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:46 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Any other paintballers out there? Or other painball enthusiasts?

Anyone also on the Paintball Brigade? Sound off! I'm sure there's a bunch of us here!

Tell your stories about your best matches, prefered game type, gear, fields ect.!

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:33 am 

I played paintball when I was in the army. We would go out in the wilderness in full camoflauge and have some good fights. There was one place that had a huge hill, took a few minutes to get to the top amd there were bushes and stuff to use as cover, we played king of the hill there. Biggest fight like this was probably like 5 on 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:25 pm 
 YIM  Profile

I play speedball. On a grass course with inflatable obstacles. It's regulation size, 6 on 6 teams and you get 3 minutes to play. Whoever has the most kills at the end of the round wins. It's the most intense thing I've ever done, people are running full speed in front of you and diving and sliding into cover while firing...it's a total blast. I love it.

Any paintball fans out there, I suggest trying a speedball match or tourney if you have a quick mind and an even quicker trigger finger :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:30 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I've never played speedball. Seems kind of fast and more luck of the draw required to win. I like woodsball better, more teamwork required. You go in with a couple of friends, and during a fight you see what everyone's really made of. Combat brings out the best in some people. We discovered that a buddy of mine is a natuarl born leader under fire. Whats even better about it is every field you play on has different challenges and sniper hideouts to discover.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:21 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Funny story:

A buddy of mine invited me to his house yesterday, we filled up his CO2 tanks and got some paint. His mom had found a box of paintball gear at a garage sale with 6, count em, 6 paintball guns! 3 of them were broken, but the other were ok. We test fired the ones that worked and compared them to his 98 custom. one of them was actually better! It was a pump action but that thing WENT LIKE CRAZY! We dont even know what its called, the only thing written on the side of it is "Hammer" and a warning label. It even had a red dot sight, still in perfect aim, so it blew the 98c away. He's gonna use the old hammer now instead of the 98c. i don't blame him.

But we were wondering though, if anyone knows what company makes this awsome gun? All it says is "Hammer" on it, is a pump action gun, mostly metal, a fixed barrel, and a twist in tank mount on the end. you can't really do much to it other than change the sight. I know its a really vauge description, almost 90% of all guns out there that old are like that, but maybe someone recognises the name???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:01 am 
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

I play but not often.I use my dads spider but that means either one or the other of us is playing.Its getting expensive and we stopped for the longest time.Aparrently my dad says hes gonna get me a gun of my own (finally!) and that we were gonna start getting our old teams back.Should be fun,right? :twisted: hehe my dads really in for it now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:45 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

im too fat for paintball :( it seems like alot of fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:41 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Doesnt matter, can you carry a lot? Then strap on a vest, get a Machine gun, load up on CO2 and paint and voila! your a machinegunner\supply man. Just be willing to stay back and help out untill your squad leader calls for you.

After a while, you'll lose weight. :wink:

Last edited by Gilgolad on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:33 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Why a vest? He has natural armor! And who wears a vest playing paintball anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:28 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

im assuming the vest has something to do with holding all that stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:56 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

i like going 1 on 1 with camo in a big area(woods), 5 shots till win, 30 second free time in which you get to run away and find a hidding spot once shot, all i use is a pump pistol with a screw in CO2. sounds kinda boarding but the matches can last a while and my friends are totaly nuts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:12 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Chilliwack wrote:
im assuming the vest has something to do with holding all that stuff.

Exactly

Anyone ever check out Spec Ops Paintball? Its a site dedicated to Woodsball, they got a shop and everything. Most importantly though, they have a guidebook and a tactics guide for new players to pick up some moves before getting out into the frey. Granted alot of it is geared to getting you to buy stuff from them so you can play by their way, but once you look past the subliminal "to play the right way, buy our stuff" message, there's some solid tactics under it all, you dont need all the gear they try to throw at you.

The site is http://www.specopspaintball.com
ps, that'll direct you to the shop, click on the big button, and look way up in the top left corner of the page for a tiny menu, click on the small symbol and it will take you to the main site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:33 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Hmmm I've seen a lot of people play paintball and I've always wanted to play it myself...Maybe I might start playing it soon :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:52 pm 
Dual-Avatar

So, a friend of mine has this big plot of land out back of his house, and has alot of junked cars, farming equipment, old tires, and old barn parts on it. Me and some friends have been comeing over every weekend for the last 4 weeks and have transformed all that junk into a primo paintball field. It doesn't take much, just maybe a lawntractor and a trailor for it to haul junk around with. Anyone with lots of land,preferably forested or brushy, and some time can transform their property into a home made killing field. On ours, we've build two major bases, one with a tree house and another entirly out of old tires. One base is erfect for those defend the cast base style games, the other is suited to playing capture the flag. Gonna go play on it for the first time next weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:30 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Dang nab it, everyone else on my Paintball team got a new Tippmann A-5 for Christmas.

I have to wait til i'm 18 to get a gun of my own, because my dad wont let me buy one. Oh but when i get one, it shall be the greatest ever!!! No more borrowing pump action guns from my friends anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:02 am 

Chilliwack wrote:
im too fat for paintball :( it seems like alot of fun

You are not.And Kam, please be careful.you might want to wear alot of layers when you first start playing.If youre not used to it, the bruises you get can be painful.I got hit in the head once.I wasnt wearing a mask cause i was in the safe zone but i got hit anyways.So unless youre really good at not getting hit its bound to hurt for a while.
Just saying, be careful!;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:49 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

ya kam, be careful, it hurts alot if you get shot in the armpit while your nor wearing a shirt :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:11 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

ahem i'll keep that in mind before i pop back down to louisville and bombard yer house shana :p lol j/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:42 am 

rofl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:35 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I have a Tipman 98 Custom. Havent done anything to it. I used to go alot buy since my bro moved out he took it and i cant really use it. I used to go out into the woods with my friends and play alot. CTF all the way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:36 pm 

I was always the one hiding in ditches and creeks and up in treetops. Noone ever even saw me.