Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:26 am 
Tri-Avatar

I hope those aren't attacks on my little guide. If either of you think that what I wrote is restricting, you didn't really read it well enough. For obvious reasons, I advised against bard and ranger. For equally obvious reasons, I said you should have at least 1 class that can heal proficiently.

You can't really have any fun if you can't heal yourself well. If you can have fun without healing yourself using spells, it means you are not a newbie and have no need to follow such a guide anyway.

Last edited by weems on Fri May 27, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:19 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

cleric and paladin since to be in high demand because of the body complexility 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:53 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

ok, im am an older char, been playing for about 3 and a half years now (no where near the oldest but older than a lot) and i would like to add my 2 cents. my main, as you probly ALL well know, is nimisis, a Phasian Ranger/Mage/Druid. Yes Ranger was my first class, and i would like to point out to people that, it was hard becoming an epic, but after i did so, i could hold myself in a melee fight with anyone withing 50 epic levels of myself without fear of beeing hurt. im one of the few chars i see now days that dosnt allways fall back on magic, although yes a heal and regen spell is allways good. i have learned that, if your not an all out magic char, it dosnt really matter what you are at the epic level, they all tend to start to blend togeather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:48 pm 
Dual-Avatar

ShanaArkai wrote:
ok, im am an older char, been playing for about 3 and a half years now (no where near the oldest but older than a lot) and i would like to add my 2 cents. my main, as you probly ALL well know, is nimisis, a Phasian Ranger/Mage/Druid. Yes Ranger was my first class, and i would like to point out to people that, it was hard becoming an epic, but after i did so, i could hold myself in a melee fight with anyone withing 50 epic levels of myself without fear of beeing hurt. im one of the few chars i see now days that dosnt allways fall back on magic, although yes a heal and regen spell is allways good. i have learned that, if your not an all out magic char, it dosnt really matter what you are at the epic level, they all tend to start to blend togeather.

Melee is a joke in epics. At level 50, any decent meleer should be able to take a standard e750 or so mob in a one-on-one fight without any danger, assuming that they know enough to enchant resists. I know for a fact that Jimi could do that without his equipment fully enchanted...still didn't finish enchanting his first set and he's some where around e100...guess I can enchant it and be fine til e300... Back to the point, there's a difference between a sustainable tri-avatar and an effective avatar; there's also a larger difference between a sustainable tri-avatar in the hands of someone who know's what they're doing and an effective avatar in the hands a of a newbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:15 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

point taken, that was sorta what i was trying to say

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:15 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Here an idea for a great character, 1 melee class and 2 magic classes. any combination will do.
Quote:
Rogue or Warrior with whatever you like