Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: JUICES - PLAYERS SINGLED OUT!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:54 am 
 WWW  Profile

You know, I don't have a problem with my juices being switched from 250 - 10 the moment I pick them up from my cit. It's the fact that it's happening to certain players and some players have gone unnoticed.

Marking accounts, marking character names...whatnot...that's a problem when it's not affecting ALL involved who STILL have 250 juices and who have managed to keep them.

Not to mention...When's the last time anyone has seen a red vial? And if you have...in how long of a time period?

Okay, I will stop before I really lose my temper ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:28 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

incorrect
no players are singled out

i have spent many months attempting to correct the old juices, but you need to understand, offline players /may/ sometimes be unaffected by it, so when they log back on, theres a new infusion of old drinks.

i still randomly try to fix juices, my methods do not care who has them, and when i'm doing it, i dont even know who has them, i simply start with 1.(objects virtual number) and go to 300.(objects virtual number) or more

until i have cleaned every online item

right now, i have other priorities.. i have to modify about 7 thousand in-game items to be properly setup for the incoming patch, and work on bug fixes, and area fixes, all at the same time.

So A) be patient B)if you see someone with a storehouse of oldschool juices, inform me, i can single out someone if its needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:36 am 
 WWW  Profile

Isabelle wrote:
i have spent many months attempting to correct the old juices, but you need to understand, offline players /may/ sometimes be unaffected by it, so when they log back on, theres a new infusion of old drinks.

This person is almost as active as I am on their alts as I am. All my alts are being affected by this.

Isabelle wrote:
i still randomly try to fix juices, my methods do not care who has them, and when i'm doing it, i dont even know who has them, i simply start with 1.(objects virtual number) and go to 300.(objects virtual number) or more" ... until i have cleaned every online item

Randomly? You make it sound as if it only happens when you have 'time' to address it. okay. But, the moment I pick up any juice at ANY given time it automatically changes to a 10 sip juice. I then thought that maybe something was programmed for all players who hold 250 juices, but not until I asked around.

Isabelle wrote:
right now, i have other priorities.. i have to modify about 7 thousand in-game items to be properly setup for the incoming patch, and work on bug fixes, and area fixes, all at the same time.

Okay, understanble and I respect that. But then I question why this is only happening to me? And as this was questioned late at night, I am not at all sure who this is happening to also.

Isabelle wrote:
incorrect
no players are singled out.....
So A) be patient B)if you see someone with a storehouse of oldschool juices, inform me, i can single out someone if its needed.

You are now asking me to single out a player, so players ARE singled out as need be; as you stated.

One of the two things are possible: 1) this person is a liar (which is possible) 2) isn't reliable even though they stated that the juice never changed (i.e no other juices in inventory nor in any room with juices lying on the floor) when they examined it.

And so, please understand my pt of view when I am upset about this. Something doesn't add up. I will talk with this person when I get a chance to once again verify it. I will let this person come to you if they still hold 250 juices in their inventory.

And yes...I will be patient. And good luck on the work you are completing for the MUD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:15 am 
Dual-Avatar

You could just make 250-sip juices explode and kill us, then claim they were a bug and never intended to work like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:15 am 
Dual-Avatar

Blargh, I am stupid and have double-posted! go me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:42 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

I think they should explode, killing all non-npc's in the general area upon the first attempt of drinking from them....

Nuitari takes a sip from a huge keg of magic fart-juice.
Nuitari shudders as magical energies begin to churn.

Nuitari says, "What did Isabelle do to me now?"
A lump of anti-matter forms in Nuitari's gut.

prog: to slay&purge all PC in the area and slay all PC in nearby areas
echo A large mushroom cloud rises where (area name) once was.

note this is just a joke.... but I do wonder what might happen if my stockpile of liquid explosives went up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:52 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

1) if you pick up a 250 sip drink, it does not automatically turn into a 10 sip drink
2) yes, the only time i have to work on existing items is when i have the time
3) it does not only happen to you, it happens to ALL loaded items, /when/ i have time to fix them.
4) is a player telling you this, or are you stating this as something you know to be true? i'm a little confused here. If a player is selling you a "250 sip drink" and you buy it, and it's actually a 10 sip drink, then yes, that player has indeed lied to you, and tricked you into buying something that is not what you bargained for.
5) DO NOT buy 250 sip drinks, as you already know.. i am fixing them
6) No, i do not single players out, but since it seems like you are asking me to do so, i have made the offer of doing so. Up until this point, i have never bothered seeing who has what.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:03 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

Ouch, that was a blow below the belt.

Vogar gives you a keg of beer.
Vogar says, "Here Blayze, take a drink from this 250 sip container....."
Vogar disapears in a poof of smoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:38 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Vogar Eol wrote:
Ouch, that was a blow below the belt.

Vogar gives you a keg of beer.
Vogar says, "Here Blayze, take a drink from this 250 sip container....."
Vogar disapears in a poof of smoke.

*code* *code* *code* *code* *code*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:03 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Blayze wrote:
players were singled out, I'm sure all of Isabelles characters are running on 250s because she wouldn't fit herself into her "busy schedule"

You aren't supposed to say things like that out loud, or your ban might suddenly turn into an ip ban.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:12 pm 
Dual-Avatar

thats a damn big "poof" that happened there
LMAO :lol:

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:02 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

wouldnt it be cool, if we had like exploding things, which like permanently damaged areas/rooms until it reboots?

like nuclear radiation and stuff, and holes which open up randomly in the affected areas :))

that would be nifty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:36 am 
Arch-Caretaker
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

Blayze wrote:
Nuitari wrote:
Blayze wrote:
players were singled out, I'm sure all of Isabelles characters are running on 250s because she wouldn't fit herself into her "busy schedule"

You aren't supposed to say things like that out loud, or your ban might suddenly turn into an ip ban.

I'm already banned permenantly according to Isabelle so I can trash her now and she can't ban me from anything other than this forum now.

And that has now occured. Move along, nothing further to see here.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]