Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Posts and their Significance
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:59 am 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

I know this might be a little late in expression, but it needed to be said.

I think alot of people who post here feel that their posts are regarded in the sense that they may experience discontent both on here and on the game, where they are unable to control what happens to them.

People post here usually with the intent of expressing how they really feel, though some split through the cracks and show their shoe size, as opposed to their age. And with that, these posts are left up to others who rank above them to view and respond to. I know alot of people won't post here, simply for the fact that they're afraid of any backlash on the MUD.

As far as me, I post how I feel. Whether someone takes offense to that or not, that's their problem. I don't post with the intent of pissing someone off, though the person responding might feel that way. So if someone does feel that way, they can always email me or send me an IM...there's ways of telling me so without doing so here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is allow for people to be expressive in how they feel, think thoroughly about what they've said, then allow for a more personal opinion to come through in a way that won't keep that person from interacting either on here or on the MUD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:44 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

my shoe size is 13....imagine how many dates I could get if my shoe size were 21?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:20 pm 
Arch-Caretaker
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

I don't care what you post here, if you stay on topic and in the right forums for your post. If not, I'll move the post to where it should be (Ie, posting in Pet forum about Crafting), or delete the offending post.

There should be no fear in expressing your opinion. Just do it in a mature way that doesn't scream out "PLEASE DELETE MY POST" .. Swearing, for example, is not a very good way to get your point across.

See forum rules and announcement section for more details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:41 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

it's good to hear the opinion of someone on this matter. Thank you for expressing it to the rest of us. Maybe now people will be more up-front and mature about their posts. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:46 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

m.......ature? whats that? you using fancy american words again!?

nah just kidding, i dun give two hoots what people say on this forum really, if it offends me then it'll offend me no biggy

and yes people should be allowed to post what they like here without fear of reprisal from anyone, kinda like the freedom of speech, just with no speech and typing replacing spoken words......so er......yeah i agree