All times are UTC

Post subject: Survey
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:07 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

I'm just curious.
survey:

1. how long have you played DL?
2. When did you first started playing DL?
3. about how many Muds have you played so far?
4. Which patch do you like best?
5. which patch do you like least?
6. which patch did you learn to like?
7. which patch do you still dislike, and why?
8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up?
9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be?
10. What is your opinion on the Pbase?
11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed?
13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:28 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

1. how long have you played DL? 1 year and a bit
2. When did you first started playing DL? a year and a bit ago
3. about how many Muds have you played so far? more then i can count
4. Which patch do you like best? magic complexities
5. which patch do you like least? none :)
6. which patch did you learn to like? none
7. which patch do you still dislike, and why? none
8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up? depends
9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be? yes
10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? i wont coment
11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? lower the mining resources
13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? 100000000000000000000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:38 am 

1. how long have you played DL? 3 ish years? (approx?)

2. When did you first start playing DL? uh.... probably around 2 or so years?

3. about how many Muds have you played so far? One. DL.

4. Which patch do you like best? shrug

5. which patch do you like least? shrug

6. which patch did you learn to like? shrug

7. which patch do you still dislike, and why?shrug

8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up? um. Up and down. Depends on the parts your talking about. Some of the Pbase has become crap. I don't like that we have to quests and the game is basically about mining and leveling.... (I like quests!)

9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be? Somewhat. Epicing gets boring, but I do enjoy doing other things.

10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? Getting more.... touchy. Can't say or do anything without someone complaining. Much like the general population. To much bias I think, many people get others into a lot more trouble then they should or something because they make up things or something of that sort (even if the players getting into trouble are honourable, well-known players)

11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? I would ahve an immortal SOLELY for player relations, that doesn't do wisinviz (hardly ever does) and has no biases whatsoever.

12. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? Compared to what? DL is the only mud I've played, so I can't give it a rank.

Post subject: reply
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:30 am 

1. how long have you played DL? 2 years
2. When did you first started playing DL? see above
3. about how many Muds have you played so far? 2-3
4. Which patch do you like best? dunno
5. which patch do you like least? dunno
6. which patch did you learn to like? dunno
7. which patch do you still dislike, and why? dunno
8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up? it's gone both ways
9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be? well some bits are
10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? no comment
11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? shrug
13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? 8.5

Post subject: Re: Survey
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:41 am 
 WWW  Profile

1. how long have you played DL? 2 years

2. When did you first started playing DL? 2 years ago =P

3. about how many Muds have you played so far? 2, although I have played on this one by far the most

4. Which patch do you like best? n/a - still trying to adapt.

5. which patch do you like least? mining

6. which patch did you learn to like? I do like finding gold in the mine chests where I mine at. *sneers at the gold scavengers* Leave my strips alone and quit leaving empty chests!

7. which patch do you still dislike, and why? mining - people are becoming overwhelming rich off someone else's work in the mines. Plus, if I am adept at certain resource, I shouldn't have to destory any of it. If this means reduce the amt given for each dig - fine. But destroying half of what I dig? no. =(

8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up? Hrm, I will wait on this one. I believe Cele is going to make some more changes, or at least I hope. Currently, I am trying to do things I love on the game to keep my interest. Mining was one of them, but I have learned to adapt to something else while waiting for improvements.

9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be? yes and no. I am just worried about change and the effects it will have on tha game and the people. Not to mention the economy of the game has changed. I have more or less stopped accepting orders until I reevaluate my prices. Based on the amt of gold people are getting in the mines, I seriously believe i am going to have to up my prices between 70-80 percent. Why? Because selling my crafted/enchanted eq isn't worth it when i can go in the mines and make a cool 200k in 15 minutes. As crafting was fun for me, I have had to gain an interest elsewhere.

10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? As I know Cele has limited time and is working hard - not to mention it's free to play, we can't really complain too much. We can only state what we think needs improving - if possible.

11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? If I am adept at something - the chances of making a masterpiece should be made easier, this includes what I stated earlier about being adept in digging up a certain resource.

13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? Considering this is the only MUD I currently play, I really can't give a rank. I am very thankfull to Cele for having taken the time to create the MUD. Although I may sound condescending at times when I post - that has never been my intention. I just want to say, "Hey - heads up, I don't think it's working"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:19 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  YIM  Profile

1. how long have you played DL? 3 years or more

2. When did you first started playing DL? Around 2002 or earlier.

3. about how many Muds have you played so far? Only DL to any extent. Played some other muds but only for like a day at most, none of them were as fun as DL :P.

4. Which patch do you like best? I'm fine with all of them.

5. which patch do you like least? I'm fine with all of them :P.

6. which patch did you learn to like? I never really hated any patches, kind of learned to get a long with all of them.

7. which patch do you still dislike, and why? I don't dislike any of them, i atleast understand why they were put in :P.

8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up? It has stayed basically the same, maybe gone down a tiny bit but nothing too drastic or different..

9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be? Mostly yes, if it wasn't fun, why would i play :P.

10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? There's always good people, bad people, and people in the middle, can't really change how people are. Overall i think the pbase is decent.

11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? I don't think i would change anything, maybe fix some things, but nothing too drastic.

12. If you were a tree, what kind of tree wold you be? I've always been kind of partial to Yew, or atleast Purpleheart. :P (You forgot number 12 on your list).

13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? (compared to the other muds i've tried to play and have been unsuccessful to get interested in) 9.5 :P Nothing can be perfect but it's still worth atleast a 9.

Lat., Insipientis est dicere, Non putarum.
[It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought.]
-Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Post subject: Re: Survey
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:25 pm 

1. how long have you played DL?
-Since August of 2001. (3 years and 4 months to date)
2. When did you first started playing DL?
-Since the above answer.
3. about how many Muds have you played so far?
-Countless, including FD which I believe was the precursor to DL.
4. Which patch do you like best?
-Pre-JADE
5. which patch do you like least?
-Removal of anti-flags and introduction of crafted items.
6. which patch did you learn to like?
-Some of JADE.
7. which patch do you still dislike, and why?
-JADE. Because it rendered a lot of items obsolete.
-Depends on one's perspective. Down in my opinion.
9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be?
-I don't play much anymore, I don't know.
10. What is your opinion on the Pbase?
-I think the MUD now panders to the less adept (idiot-friendly).
11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed?
-Remake some of the areas and items within. Make them useful again. Bring back some of the anti-flags that were removed. Exclusive items make for better game.
13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL?
-DL 3 years ago? 9. DL present? 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:12 am 
Lowbie
 E-mail  Profile

1. how long have you played DL? 1 year
2. When did you first started playing DL? 2 years ago (i had a huge break in the middle)
3. about how many Muds have you played so far? DL is my first and only :P
4. Which patch do you like best? inventory sorting and labeling, definitely
5. which patch do you like least? changing 250 sip juices to 10 sip
6. which patch did you learn to like? mining
7. which patch do you still dislike, and why? 10 sip juices, because 250 sips is more convenient :P plus 10 sip juices are really heavy, why?
9. Is DL still as fun as it used to be? yep :D
10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? i haven't played often enough to get an opinion on this
11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? when you wear equipment and it's class based, make it based on all your classes, not just your first
13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? 10 *thumbsup cele and co.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:33 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

1. how long have you played DL? 2 or 3 years
2. When did you first started playing DL? see above
3. about how many Muds have you played so far? 2-3
4. Which patch do you like best? i liked how the game was when i started
5. which patch do you like least? none
6. which patch did you learn to like? all of em
7. which patch do you still dislike, and why? none
8. Has the quality of DL gone down or up? same
9. Is dl as fun as it used to be? well some bits are
10. What is your opinion on the Pbase? we need an IQ test to get in, or atleast a personality test :)
11. If you can CHANGE (not add in) one thing to make the game more fun for you, what would you have changed? i would change the way the magic complexitys work. make people use a certin complexity to raise it but put a cap on it depending on the race/class/level make it a little more difficult to raise the complexity but also dont make it super hard (and give the complexitys slightly higher caps so most epic mobs wont be ubber good against magic)
13. on a rank of 1-10, what would you give DL? uhhh.... how can i rate a lifestile? DL isnt easy to rate, its my life but its not for everyone. i have 2 friends that both like to RP but only 1 even likes DL at all and the other hates it. so i guess its a 10 for some and a 1 for others but it will allways be an 11,086,487 for me :P