Post subject: yummeh
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:42 am 

hey me too! woot :D :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:35 pm 
 WWW  Profile

*eats an apple*

Anywhoooo.......back to topic.

Has anyone considered yet what's going to happen to the players who are abuntantly rich now as a result of the previous chests? There are several players with millions and here's the thing, we fix the economy - then players are still rich and unless they are given permission to purchase a guild which would put a nice dent into their bank account, they will forever remain rich.

Why is this a concern? Because from posts I have read, correct me if I am wrong, but the goal to fixing the economy is just that - to bring back a balance - mentioned solutions were: crafters can reduce their prices, items and resources will be returned to their value...but I don't see this happening. Economy won't necessarily be restored. There are still way too many people with gold to spend and then Celeborn mentioned that with the upcoming patch - those players who benefited from the mines will keep their money. And I totally agree with that - it wouldn't be fair to take the money away. However, I don't see the economy restoring itself as quickly as people think. I would like to hear some opinions on this, perhaps I am not seeing the big picture here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:42 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

we won't be taking the money away, and we have spent a fair amount of time considering what to do.

which is why we first have the currency patch

and then we have things that players can purchase (such as custom race names and the like) which 'they will want to buy' knowing that it is mostly to clear out large coin.

celeborn posted a note asking for a list of ideas players would like to purchase - along the lines of custom race names and such - nobody has given him any ideas yet. - and i'm sure he would be willing to hear more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:29 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Nellwyn wrote:
Has anyone considered yet what's going to happen to the players who are abuntantly rich now as a result of the previous chests? There are several players with millions and here's the thing, we fix the economy - then players are still rich and unless they are given permission to purchase a guild which would put a nice dent into their bank account, they will forever remain rich.

In reality, the number of players with millions of gold isn't that great. But I agree, the DL upperclass has nothing to spend their coin on. :)

Nellwyn wrote:
Why is this a concern? Because from posts I have read, correct me if I am wrong, but the goal to fixing the economy is just that - to bring back a balance - mentioned solutions were: crafters can reduce their prices, items and resources will be returned to their value...but I don't see this happening. Economy won't necessarily be restored. There are still way too many people with gold to spend and then Celeborn mentioned that with the upcoming patch - those players who benefited from the mines will keep their money. And I totally agree with that - it wouldn't be fair to take the money away. However, I don't see the economy restoring itself as quickly as people think. I would like to hear some opinions on this, perhaps I am not seeing the big picture here.

The core issue is that many patches with no overal design plan for economy have weakened its design severely. A strong design will not automatically fix and prevent all issues, but it will be a great improvement over our current situation.

The patch will increase the value of items for both players AND NPC's, decrease the circulation time of objects, and allow more ways to spend your hoarded gold (What about a fun reincarnation as an undead and waking up in a chest deep underground, or buying a very expensive new spell, wouldn't that be worth a few emeralite coins, yay!).

But I agree, even with binding it will take a while for all the excess items to leave the game. I'm fine with this. People gathered those items with their own time and they should be able to choose what they do with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:08 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I'd like to see more people start charging for heals and resurrects. Make Corpses only retrievable from a certain CR service, have clerical stands that sell buffs (like haste, str, vigilance, etc) that last longer than anyone elses and are more powerful than anyone elses, these would also cost money.

Cost of CR: 1,000 plus 1,000 per level. This way when people like Chubbukoku died it'd suck down a lot of cash.

---Avestifal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:01 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Why should CRs cost more for higher people? O.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:59 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Would you charge more to go into the Newbie Academy to get a corpse or to go into Seth's Fortress and make it to Seth?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

make it area based then.

Post subject: Thanks for the help everone.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:02 pm 

Thank you Lingolas for your long rant, I now see your point. And I quote ‘If you look at all the values, equ have gotten better and stronger but yet they keep on getting cheaper and cheaper. Some items have dropped by couple hundred percent.’ You are correct, new powerful armor and weapons should not be cheaper than what they replace.
I know also know why I believed that prices have rose. It is mainly at the time that I joined, prices were low, due to the small player base and an overabundance of mob eq in shops. In just a few months from the time I joined, this started to change. I am an old fart, and the memory isn’t what it used to be, but I think it was about 2 or so years before the current craft system came in. Under the old system, I saw staves of Alora go as high as 60K on the auction before the change, from the 10K they were going for when I first got the auction at 28th level. I had no idea they were only worth 5K now. So I have seen prices climb, but I think it is because I joined at a time when prices were abnormally or temporarily low.
I missed the bug in the mining chests, as I have not had a computer for about 3 months so I know less then you Lingolas on its effect on the economy. Not that I get to play much anyway, my daughter hogs all the DL time at home. This also limits my view of the economy to short little snapshots that may not truly reflect what is happening. Thanks again for your help in this matter, I have a clearer picture now of the supply and demand aspect of eq in our game.
There have also been a number of other posts since my first that has also been very helpful. Thanks Celeborn, Isabelle, and Nellwyn for your posts also.

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the help everone.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:20 am 
Tri-Avatar

Arureal wrote:
Thank you Lingolas for your long rant, I now see your point. And I quote ‘If you look at all the values, equ have gotten better and stronger but yet they keep on getting cheaper and cheaper. Some items have dropped by couple hundred percent.’ You are correct, new powerful armor and weapons should not be cheaper than what they replace.
I know also know why I believed that prices have rose. It is mainly at the time that I joined, prices were low, due to the small player base and an overabundance of mob eq in shops. In just a few months from the time I joined, this started to change. I am an old fart, and the memory isn’t what it used to be, but I think it was about 2 or so years before the current craft system came in. Under the old system, I saw staves of Alora go as high as 60K on the auction before the change, from the 10K they were going for when I first got the auction at 28th level. I had no idea they were only worth 5K now. So I have seen prices climb, but I think it is because I joined at a time when prices were abnormally or temporarily low.
I missed the bug in the mining chests, as I have not had a computer for about 3 months so I know less then you Lingolas on its effect on the economy. Not that I get to play much anyway, my daughter hogs all the DL time at home. This also limits my view of the economy to short little snapshots that may not truly reflect what is happening. Thanks again for your help in this matter, I have a clearer picture now of the supply and demand aspect of eq in our game.
There have also been a number of other posts since my first that has also been very helpful. Thanks Celeborn, Isabelle, and Nellwyn for your posts also.

No thanks for the thread *CREATOR*!?!? Pfft... :(

Post subject: Re: Thanks for the help everone.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:31 am 
 WWW  Profile

weems wrote:
No thanks for the thread *CREATOR*!?!? Pfft... :(

*holds up a peace sign*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:50 am 
 ICQ  Profile

COMMUNISM WORKS :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:48 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Hence the Soviet Union Collapsed after we spent them into bankruptcy.
They couldn't keep up with funds to keep up with our weapons systems, we bought them out. :wink:

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:40 pm 

Celeborn, you've run an amazing mud. I hope you get to read this. I believe right now, your main problem on DL is poor managment. The current immortals are not what people enjoy being around. Beg to differ if you must. Things were much better before, even when there were less 'things to do' (crafts, etc).

That's why DL is going kaput. Look at the Pbase now. Compare it to when 30-40 players would be on at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:36 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

I have to agree with tuler. We should be having more players especially with the new pvp system. Ironicly the pbase keeps on shrinking.

I have plans in making DL exciting again but i need to become a caretaker first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:55 pm 

Only Zeraphin can save us now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:05 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

i hope we dont need to free up space because that mean we need a pwipe :cry:
zidane wrote:
damn and i was doing so good too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:13 pm 

I wonder if we can permanantly wipe certain people.