Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Global Complaints About Isabelle Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:08 pm 
Dual-Avatar

I would like to start this thread by saying that a few caretakers have not been living up to their responsibilities lately. One caretaker in particular fills this shoe very well, the dragon we all love to hate, Isabelle. Isabelle was at one time a fearsome figure in my eyes; she seemed to radiate an aura of evil. As time passed, I realized she was not fearsome, but is rather disrepectful, lazy, and, it seems, fearful of the playerbase of the MUD.

My first point, disrespectfulness, is shown by Isabelle near-daily. She removes notes that I had heard from Celeborn personally that he liked. They also were not old, put up only the day before. Why? I could find no reason, except possibly that they insulted other players, in a quite obviously RP way might I add. She is also disrespectful in casual conversation: "A Caretaker tells you 'quintos, you are border line annoying me, but for your friend, zach, he was wiped because he shared the 'spoils' of binklys cheating'," and, as I like even more, when she goes into write buffers in the middle of conversations with players. I understand she might be busy, but when she goes out of the way to talk to players and writes a note with no prior warning, completely cutting off someone's conversation, it is just plain disrespectful.

In addition to being disrepctful, she is plain lazy. There are not many caretakers, let alone welll known ones, on daily to arbitrate between player disputes, a job of caretakers, yet she stays wizinvis 24/7. If she has no one actively working under her, she should do the job that they are not, and handle these disputes. She also goes to radical extents to take care of any one who opposes her view, as I will outline in my next point. With head caretakers like this, who needs mortal enemies?

My last point, fearfulness, was demonstrated well this very day. "A Caretaker tells you 'havent read it yet, anyone with binklys ip will be ripped, we have no use for 'the clan' playing here'" She is banning any one related to his ip? I suppose that might make some sense, but it seems more fearful. She is making sure that he cannot log on at all? That's not the case at all. She simply used it as an excuse to attempt to get rid of another player she does not like, Zach. Soon after, when I pointd out that Binkly had access to other, unstripped, accounts, such as my own, her story changed: "A Caretaker tells you 'quintos, you are border line annoying me, but for your friend, Zach, he was wiped because he shared the 'spoils' of binklys cheating'" I would like to point out, I was also found to be in possession of one item of Torrim's, although there is a small chance that this was simply an intimidating lie, further proving my disrespectful and lazy points, as I was never told once what item I possessed. So I ask, why attempt to get rid of players who did not even do anything illegal? What illegal items did Zach recieve? Did you even check the origin of these items, or did you simply assume that anyone in, how you like to say it, 'the clan' must recieve all items that they have illegally? If this is the case, you should learn that laziness is not a virtue.

In conclusion, you can choose to what you would like to explain Isabelle's actions, but it is firm in my mind that they are caused by disrespect for players, laziness, and fearfulness. I have heard it attributed to the fact that she does not like her job, or that she simply doesn't care about the MUD any more. If it were one of these reasons, I have faith that Celeborn or Zeraphin would have found a replacement already; we, mortals, have also failed in a way. We have not gotten the point across strongly enough to the Arch-Caretakers so that they could take care of it, but we must not continue on this path.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:32 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Quintos, I know for a fact that you were involved in robbing me. If you want to be an ass and argue the point, I can probably prove it, which would get YOUR characters their richly deserved wiping. You don't have any valid complaints against Isabelle, you're just mad because you got caught cheating. You aren't protesting genuine problems you see with Isabelle, you're just mad that you got in trouble and trying to get back at her.

Isabelle is not lazy, she has done a lot for this mud, far more than you have. Maybe you should politely ask her what she does, instead of assuming she does nothing and bitching about it on the public forum. Just because she doesn't make a list for you of everything she does on DL doesn't mean she isn't doing anything, and it's stupid of you to assume such. Besides, who are you to accuse someone of doing no good for DL after you manipulated Cassia, robbed me, and deleted my characters, for no reason other than greed?

As for Isabelle being disrespectful to players...how respectful is the average player to her? How respectful are YOU to her? Do you have any idea how many rude idiots she has to deal with? Perhaps you should start showing people respect before you demand it from them.

I think YOU are the one that something should be done about, not Isabelle. Banning you would go a long way towards cleaing up this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:39 pm 
Tri-Avatar

I'll have to generally agree. There are some finer points on it that I might disagree with, Quintos, but those are inconsequential. Isabelle is a truly disrespectful individual. No, not 'blunt'. There is a rather large difference, and me and many other people can see it. She treats players with contempt, regarding them as 'whiney', that they all hate changes and challenges, and are guilty unless proven innocent.

I have no idea why other people haven't been hired to replace her. Is it too hard a job to learn? No documentation? Too many weird system quirks? Whatever the reason, I would greatly appreciate it if it was known to us. Many of us have asked to help, and few have been given the chance. There is no shortage of people willing to help.

And yes, I started out respectful to her. All disrespect I have shown back has been because I was, for no reason at all, consistently treated like an idiot from her. If she wants respect from players, she can take the first step herself, as she has all the power and has nothing to lose...except our respect...oh wait, she already lost it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:45 pm 
Arch-Caretaker

Looky, a Troll! Kill him issy, kill himmM!!!!

ooOoOOoOo, a cookie!

Last edited by Celeborn on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:46 pm 
Dual-Avatar

*casts fireball at Quintos*

Actually, Cele, I think Quintos is stupid enough to think that this will actually get him somewhere. Shocking, but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:06 pm 

I've been playing this game for an extremely long time, I am Zach / Rhaven / Resthial(the original, befor ebinkly used the name when i retired and deleted that character), and have been known under many more names.

I tend to agree, with Quintos, and if Nuitari thinks i have something to do with the looting of the character(s?) then they have another thing coming. Anyways, this topic isnt about that, it's about the abuse that isabelle has been blatantly issueing to characters and people. She has a disregard for the overall satisfaction of the game, and ignores those she doesn't like. She does, like weems says, accuse people as guilty until they can prove themselves as innocent, and acts with too much haste. And I also believe she does not research her findings as much as she should.

You know, when i started playing Dark-Legacy i was a clan mate with Korus.. or was it Horus... (now isabelle) in the Forsaken, started by jackel. I played with her (and her alt Tekuna) often, and it was about the time when mordecai was tanking the unknown entity constantly when he was 1 north of TSQ. those were the days when I enjoyed Dark-Legacy the most, but as time past the immortals lost touch with the players, more and more. She used to be a fun person to talk to, she would joke around, laugh and all that, as would Ayumi(Zeraphin), and Harax.. well he was harax back then too, and he was still as kewl as he is now.

The immortals I find need to get closer relationships with the players, i think that about the only solution is to get imms that enjoy playing the game as much as they would like helping it out, and be trustworthy. Considering the game as fun, instead of a burden, like i know some of the imms do. I know that sounds like it would be hard to do, but in all honesty I can think of 3 people right now off the top of my head who would be perfect for the position..

The issue does honestly dig deeper than isabelle herself... but anyways, im done for right now, ive been talking to celeborn about my equipment, and ive been posting on this forum, sending emails, im fed up. I started playing Dark-Legacy the year it went public. I have been a loyal gamer on it, always returning to it's grasp, only actually cheating once and i was caught for it, and punished. my punishement is up, i've been trying to play, and it appears that is not a viable option due to the current immortal's disconcern with me and my being. I'm going to go back to my college work now,...

Good Evening,
Trevor E. Kelly (not Aaron, who is binkly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:45 am 
Dual-Avatar

Nuitari, I really don't care about Binkly getting caught. I was aware of Binkly doing it and I transferred some items for him. I did not however get ahead by the looting of your account. The immortals told me I had one item from your account, as they should still attest to. I am pissed because of what I said. I also did not say they were the only possible reasons, simply what I could guess from what I've seen of her. So...I really couldn't care that much that Binkly got caught. I told him he was running the risk when he did it; although I did not go out of my way to turn him in, I also did not go so far as to defend him any more than pointing out that by the password policy setforth in 'help password,' he did not break any laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:22 am 
Dual-Avatar

So give me my rune portal back. Binkly says you still have it in your/his citadel, I'd consider that "getting ahead" by the robbery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:24 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

quite right

i have ZERO tolerance for cheaters, as soon as they cross the line, they're crap.

there's no going back, once you enter that cozy place, i have no use for you.

Now, for the 99 percent of the mud who play the game without cheating, and enjoy the game, and help to make it better without jumping into rants about everything being crap, i like them.

*hugs to the nice people*

P.S. - No, immortals/caretakers/whatever should never have relationships with the players, should be against the CoC ;) We're there for the game, to make it playable, and to add challenge when necessary, and keep things running smoothly, not to be your pal, and help you out with stuff, like portal me to tarsonis please, its too far to walk :(

Oh, and just another P.S. to that P.S. -- cheating involves either actually doing the cheating, or assisting someone to cheat, or knowing about a cheat, someone who cheats, and not reporting it to a caretaker.

Against the rules, against the rules on any mud/mmorpg/anything, you go check out the rules elsewhere, you cheat, you get hurt.

And, i was pretty nice about your little group who decided to cheat, i only took away your possessions and trade skills, your characters were all left intact, i see binkly deleted himself, perhaps from guilt, who knows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:42 am 
Dual-Avatar

Actually Isabelle, Binkly deleted himself because he needs to find a new home.

And Nui: I share a citadel with him, he was allowed to drop whatever he wanted in there. When Isabelle contacted me, I allowed her to take it. You got ahead by this an ultra rune+ because I did not have time to remove my bala or other runes which were mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:45 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

i'm glad to hear it, theres a few good muds out there, achea or something, and forgotten realms, all great places :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:48 am 
Dual-Avatar

Isabelle...I literally meant 'home.' He needs to find a new 'place to live,' not a new 'place to MUD.' It is a bit sad that you associate home with MUDs though. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:55 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

its not sad at all :)

i have many homes
dark legacy
world of warcraft

both happy places

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:14 pm 

Quote:
Oh, and just another P.S. to that P.S. -- cheating involves either actually doing the cheating, or assisting someone to cheat, or knowing about a cheat, someone who cheats, and not reporting it to a caretaker.

I guess i didnt cheat this time then, because i didnt DO the cheating, I didnt assist someone cheat, I did not know about the cheat, and I reported it to celeborn when i found out.

I have been caught cheating before though, I was caught cheating 2 years ago, punished, and came back after my punishment was up. Oh, and my punishement was prolonged multiple times after that. After the initial one was over, I logged back in, found that isabelle had forced me to quit, then again had my account marked.

What is the explanation for that? I was punished, did it,only to return and be punished for returning?

And also, isabelle, thats not what i meant with relationships with players, i meant strictly on a social level. Interact with the players more, give them more of a feeling of security, knowing or having them think that the immortals actually give a damn about what happens to anyone.

Don't just shun people because of past occurances. that's ignorant, and un-ethical.

The CoC is understandable and in that note imms shouldnt portal players and all of that due to it being unfair, just all that i think is needed is some social interaction. and not rude social, I mean being polite, ethical, and have a fun-time talking, not just harassing, and teasing, like i've seen happen so many times before by you and some other imms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:49 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Oh yes, Isabelle. I'm so so so mean for caring about balance. The very gods themselves cringe at the terror of my horrible words. I'm sorry that me or other people aren't complacant idiots who don't care about the game we play, but rather try to give our feedback...More loudly if not listened to. I'll try to stop caring about balance so you can consider me 'nice' and "*hug*" me...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:35 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:27 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

just a heads up weems, 'you' were in no way considered as a part of the message i wrote.
it was directed at the band of merry folk who decided to trash another players account.

but if you wish to believe that i was speaking about you, whatever makes you happy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:32 am 

For all those in the deletion of Torrims account I feel you all got off pretty easy and are damn lucky. I would have liked to see all involved get their accounts deleted.

I was the one that was being blamed for Torrims account being deleted. It was rather frustrating for me knowing I did not do something but was accused anyways. I was manipulated into giving out his password, for I thought it was him. I did not find out untiltwo days ago what really went on and tonight I just saw this thread.

If I would have had my choice I would have ripped each and everyone one of your balls out through your ****. You are a bunch of immature children who don't have a clue as to what you put me through all for a GAME. It is rather pathetic to see how greedy are; I can only imagine any of those involved with the manipulation of my person, what you would do to gain in real life. I am sure I will see you in jail/prison for you will amount to nothing by cheating and manipulation.

What you did was illegal in the real world, impersonating someone. Might want to think twice for what you did and for being an accomplice for in the real world prison would have been what the punishment would be.

If you think Isabelle is such a bad person I would think twice for you got off easy. She could have slain you, deleted all your characters, banned you, or numerous others things. I would just except this blessing that all she just took away where possesions and trade skills. I thought that rather nice of her and I applaud her but I still wish she would have done more for I don't think this will hinder or deter you from committing another act such as this.

But know this I will 'never' be manipulated but little punks such as yourselves again.

Highfive to Isabelle and my apologizes to Torrim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:50 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Cassia: First, you did nothing? You failed to properly identify the person before giving Binkly Torrim's password. Second, Isabelle left the 1-2 days of work for tri-avving a character, not the days/weeks to max all the crafts, craft the equipment, and enchant it. That's not really too 'easy' on Binkly... Although I will admit it is a bit easier than the usual punishment of banning...which I'm pretty sure Binkly has recieved on more than one occasion. My guess is that the only reason this didn't happen is because of how futile banning any one who knows the game as well as Binkly is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:13 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

i lost internet connection for about 3 weeks and hell broke loose!!! *shocked**
(and i'm not responsible this time).

What i think.

Isabelle can be harse and she is cold. However, put yourself in her position; she has to do what a caretaker must do.

NOw weems, i dont know what your issue with her is, but i have no right to comment on that cuz i dont really know.

To Quintos and BInkly, You two got off easy.
I consider you and Binkly as a friend, but i wonder how Binkly is still here. *shrug*

Last edited by lingolas on Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:35 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

favors lingolas too much

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:55 pm 

oh yea, Lingolas, and what about me?!? I didnt do a thing with that, and I'm somehow associated with it, and then all my gear, my crafts, and my spells were deleted. Gotta love assumptions.