Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:43 am 

pfft, I'd be a good imm cause I don't even remember most of you people cause I've got sleep and thus memory issues :) Oh wait, I'm Supreme Emperor, screw immhood. I don't have time anyways.

Ling would be a good imm I think, he just needs to learn, and since he seems to be intelligent he could learn quickly. :) Buuut then again I haven't played in a while (is that why I'm not in akatsuki anymore?) and I don't know who else would be good for immhood.

Why not make a list?

Edit: We should have a Dark Legacy immortal Idol..... or Search for the Next Dark Legacy Immortal.. heheh..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:31 am 

Yah that's probably why your'e not in there anymore, just re-apply and i'll let you in, im playing for the summer again anywho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:52 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

thanks guys =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:52 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

In the past i've had "thorns."
I had some of these thorns because of several reasons

1. i was young. I started playing DL in high school and now i've graduated from college. I now look at DL and interact with the players with a more mature perspective.

2. Some players are natural "thorns" to everyone, not just to me.

3. Some of these thorns were developed because i got so rich by selling expensive equipment. Well, that's not my fault.
========

If i were an imm, this is exactly what i would do:

1. i will not take care of disputes. I dont like taking sides.
2. i will not take care of reimbursements. That's boring job
3. I will not give special favor to anyone because i know my role
4. I will focus on Quests and help DL develop a richer story line.
5. I will not give out emeralites or other rediculous equ that give unfair advantage certain players or give out gold that further screws up the economy. However, I will give out unique and collectable items that cannot be obtained in anyother ways. I will also give out key items that are neccessary to do certain quests.
6. The quests that I develop will generally be suitable for all level ranges.
7. My questor character will not associate with my mortal character in anyway.
8.I will not jail players that bot while crafting or processing because i don't believe that such bottings provide them any unfair advantages. However, I will jail those that bot to obtain resources for crafting. This includes fishing.
9. You wont ever see me auction quest items like Harax and Kiasyn did. Doing so is unfair to the new players who do not have as much money.
10. I will be invisible almost 100% of the time. There's absolutely no reason for mortals to know who i am and what i'm doing.
11. I will announce quests through the use of echos or post a note at TSQ.
12. Certain quests will be individual specific. These quests will be based on the individual's level, RP status, race,... It will NOT be based on my personal affiliation with that individual.
13. I will not code or fix bugs. i however will report bugs and abuses that I find.
14. I will neither be benevolent nor malevolent. The greek gods are sometime cruel and nice to their mortals. This is what I'll be.

This is the kind of caretaker that I want to be. You probably realize by now that my primary role isnt being a caretaker but more of a questor. I'm interested in pushing the mud forward by making it more interesting. I'm interested in interacting with the players in ways that are unique and fun. I'm interested in further developing the history of Alora.

Lingolas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:40 pm 

More than anything I think we need imms who will build quests as well, not just make some at arbitrary times. You could do this as well ling, mobquests and the like.

The imms right now don't seem to be playerfriendly, or at least weren't in the past (not sure about this very moment), this is a problem. No one wants to play on amud that sucks cause the imms are asses.

Giving out emeralite for no reason is the most stupid thing I've heard. That other guy got banned for making his own emeralite eq, I hardly see a difference between this, except that it's much worse because it's being distributed to the entire mud. If this isn't dealt with, (probably won't) then shame on the imm team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:43 am 

Also, I can turn any thread into a flame Kiasyn thread.

I freakin rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:42 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

If you want to flame me, go ahead, but please try and keep topics on-track.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:21 am 

close topic plz.