Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Setbody
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:59 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

It has recently been brought to my attention that if you use setbody to grow, and this growth causes you to change sizes(i.e.you go from large to huge)your weapons may in fact be too small for certain skills, like spin.
I see this as a deterrent to using setbody for growth, now there may be no point in using it, but one of my desires for my character was to see how big I could get. Now I see that if I go any larger weapons will always be too small for me. If there isn't a way to fix this, what is the point in leaving setbody growth in the game?

Darken --Wanted to be Colossal-- :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:32 am 

the smaller you are, the more your innate AR raises.

i think the same goes for mobility.

And yes, setbody is not that important, and sorta annoying. I made myself super tiny once and didnt have enough glory to go back to a regular size :( Luckily i had a decent warmonger spell at the time :P

Post subject: its like this
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:39 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

its for rp purposes, myself, i wish it was gone, and all races were at their default size, but its there, so this is how you deal with it --

if you are a pixie, but want to be 10 feet tall, setbody makes you big

if you are a gnome, and have a cat that's bigger than you, but you want to ride it like a steed, setbody makes you bigger, allows you to mount it.

larger = less mobility, more damage given
smaller = greater mobility, less damage given

so setbody has its use, the problem, is when you guys use it to grow from medium to large, to huge, it makes things difficult

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:47 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Just to enhance the info about setbody:
Pixies grow larger only when kinshaped. When they do this, they lose AC and AR, so it isnt all fun and games. I think the ratios of damage and AC also are a bit messed with pixies like this. But for my character that used setbody I dont care :) Cuz like Issie said, its for RP. I am now a 7 ft tall Minotaur :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:24 pm 

I was a like a 20 inch flying smurf for awhile.. it was sorta fun. Until I couldnt wield my darn weapons :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:27 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Setbody is a very important command, but shouldn't be used without careful planning and knowlege of the consequences. If you just want to see what it's like to be 20 feet tall, cast warmonger.

Isa, why don't you like setbody? It allows for greater customization, something I thought you wanted since you were in favor of a classless system.

If setbody is removed, AND if everyone is forced back to their default size, a lot of people are going to have weapons that they worked hard to get rendered useless. While I realize you(Isa) didn't say that everyone should be forced back to their default size, we all know that when Cele messes things up, he does a very thorough job if it.

Post subject: reason
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:16 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

why don't i like setbody, because 1) it makes you complain to me. Everytime a player changes their size, their weapon changes in accordance to their size, preventing the player from spinning, or multistriking, or what have you. 2) a player can destroy themselves because they dont bother asking other people about it before they do it. I do remember 1 inch tall players crying because they could no longer wear.. anything.
3) i would rather see a 3foot tall pixie, or gnome, and see a 10 foot tall ogre. Personal preference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:19 pm 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

You cant shrink to 1 inch... 10 inch is smallest

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:57 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

or more to the point, 10 inches is the smallest 'now'

and that doesnt change anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:02 am 
Dual-Avatar
 YIM  Profile

I believe that while the command is abused by people like Kiasyn, it is still a good command.

Here is what I propose: You can't grow any larger then one size, or shrink any more then one size category. This would still allow people to be larger or smaller then is normal for their race. However, they couldn't become a 20 foot tall pixie or a 10inch tall troll. It would maintain something in the way of racial purity and still allow customization.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:40 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

I agree with vogar.

a 10 inch troll is a disgrace to my race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:16 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

ok what about weight, does it actually do anything? i am a phasian and i weigh 1 pound but i see no diff. in my char at all, im guess this is also for the RP stuff but i was wondering if it did anything else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:36 am 
 WWW  Profile

ShanaArkai, read Isa's post - third down.

Nuitari wrote: If setbody is removed, AND if everyone is forced back to their default size, a lot of people are going to have weapons that they worked hard to get rendered useless.

I agree with this - for example, I have seen a LOT of greater swords being ordered. This would be a disservice to many. I understand that immies will change the weapon size once - correct me if I am wrong concerning that, by why should you? It's a choice players make.

Nuitari wrote: we all know that when Cele messes things up, he does a very thorough job if it.

Speak for yourself Nuitari. That's a tad bit harsh, don't you think? I admit that I, myself, am concerned for the game right now like most, but you could have worded that differently. I see a lot of possitive things happening right now. One would be Celeborn not shutting down the game because of complainers like myself and caretakers being amazingly forgivable to let you back in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:35 am 

ShanaArkai wrote:
ok what about weight, does it actually do anything? i am a phasian and i weigh 1 pound but i see no diff. in my char at all, im guess this is also for the RP stuff but i was wondering if it did anything else?

Note that they said "weight" and not height. Do weight and height do the same thing? ^o)