Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Dork of Today....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:53 pm 
 E-mail  Profile

The Dork of Today is changing. When we were kids(I'm 24 btw) the dork wore glasses, dressed badly, played with computers and generally had an obnoxious laugh. I give you Screech as a perfect example. Lie all you want, you all know who Screech is.
Today, not the case. Today the "dork" is cool if he/she has an xbox,a PS2 a billion games and a $2500 computer. The "dork" of today dresses however the hell they want, be it typical "Hot Topic" attire or prep usa (Tommy Hillfiger, Ralph Lauren,ect). As I think about this I realize our generation isn't a new one, its a blend of all the generations before.
So what are we....Generation Last?
By all means, post your thoughts. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:31 pm 

I am the dork of today, I dress like a skater and I play videogames, my hobbies include computers and nothing else. I watch TV. Recently have been exposed to US-Weekly etc. I also have a linguistic taste for poems such as Paradise Lost and the illiad, yet I get terrible grades due to my horrific lack of motivation. I'm Pro-homosexuality anti-religion. I believe that you should live and let live yet keep a hand of discipline in suits. I believe in the path of least resistance, unless you have a gun. Neutrality is a must, but aggressiveness is a want. Pain guides decision as much as conciousness.

That is the dork of today

A mixture of geekiness and anti-bigotry with a sparsing of homosexuality. That is what today's children are. Trust me.

And no, I am not martha stewart..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:55 pm 
Lowbie
 E-mail  WWW  ICQ  Profile

I'm not a dork of yesterday, thus I am a nerd/geek of yesterday. We didn't have any dorks at my schools but alot of people who, without the clothes and money, could very well have been :)

All hail Revenge of the Nerds and Pop Rocks and Jolt, K-Swiss and walkmans, boom boxes and leg warmers and 2 foot tall hairdos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:57 pm 

"You're a paradigm." (Said to me one time.)

It doesn't matter what you do, much less how you go about it. Be you shop at some particular clothing store or an electronics store. As long as you mind your manners (I believe in empathetic gestures) I don't care what you look like, talk like, or whatever. I try to gauge one on their actual evidence. Just because someone dresses the way they do may just to fit in (which, when you're a teenager, is all that seems to matter) and not really give a damn about what they're wearing outside of that.

I myself am 25 (26 in about a month) and I am a nerd of the 80s. NASA, Apple, IBM, Tron, ET, Close Encounters... But certainly not limited to such. :)