Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:48 am 

My turn!
Firstly i'm a 16yr old Girl from Australia *No, that is NOT in Europe*

I am a student, Just graduated year 11, heading for death row. I work as a Checkout Chic / Deli Assistant (sometimes manager) / Bakery Assistant. Usually I only play Dark Legacy on Holidays, because otherwise there is just WAY to much for me to do.

I love my boyfriend, also my best friend, and soon to be husband (he said so) He's nineteen and he has an awesome car! He also likes buying me expensive things, that i get mad at him for, but really am very flattered. I love footsal *that's indoor football to people who dont know*, *football is soccar to some nations* so basically indoor soccar!! I gotta have it every week, I'm no mud addict, im a Footsal Addict! I also love my Karate, *chow pung*, No good at it but i love it.

*Thinks* I love sailing. Can't get enough of it!!! I'm a daughter of a son of a son of a son of a son of a sailor *for the jimmy buffett fans* and i think sailing is where our family name came from. As far back as i can trace we were sailors. Maybe pirates *Grins*. I own my boat, a lil' 420.

Never touched a smoke. *lies* Actually the only smokes i've touched never reached my mouth *lies* OK!! OK!! one touched my mouth, but remained unlit. (I was "happy") Never done drugs, Hung out with a lot of druggo's though. Some (Amazingly) Are really nice people.

I just started drinking. Mudshakes are my favourite, but I've only ever been "Happy". My friends will tell you different but since that trigger that detects when I dont tell the truth isn't shown here then you'd best believe me.

At School I take English, Maths B *hardest maths, besides extention*, Ancient History (of course), Biology, Chemistry and Legal Studies. I have a group of 25 friends at school, but i wont go listing there names. They're the best people ever and we NEVER fight - not this whole year!!! *Lies* OK! OK! The peoples had 2 major fights, chucking a few people out, but i wasn't involved!!!

*Thinks* OOH self description! I'm 170cm (5'5") with naturally blonde hair, that is non-permanently died a natural red at the moment. Mood eyes - BlueGreen usually, blue when i cry/am upset/am under fluroescent light/been in salt water and Green when im jealous or hateful. I'm 55-60kg (no idea in stone/pounds) *ponders*

I DONT like men that swear around ladies *such as myself* I DONT like girls who dress disgustingly, leg is fine, back is fine, low cut chest is fine, but those ones who walk around like in a bra and mini skirts is Bad. I DONT like people who aren't down to earth. Some people think they are soooo good, and melodramatise things and it really gets on my nerves. Not that you'd find that type of person on a MUD (they're too good for muds)

I LOVE HOLDEN. I DONT LIKE FORD. I'm a typical holden fan *Is currently dressed in a holden top* but i dont restrict my clothing to those limits, like my boss and my boyfriend do. I like to party, dance like crazy, and I don't care what people think of me.

OK i think i've finished :) can't write conclusions so i'll wish anyone who reads this far all the best for the rest of the day :D

Post subject: Since everyone is doing it ^_^
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:58 am 

Me now ^_^! Oo since there are already posts of the typical mudder i'll skip that part, cause my idea of a typical mudder is really similar to what everyone else thought :)
So..first off, i'm 17. Yep, still in high school! -_-;; Lol as you guys probably know already, i'm from Canada...however, i wasn't born in Canada, i moved here when I was around 7. I love field hockey; it is my life just so you know :p, and I'm a HUGE Canucks fan :D Ooo i almost forgot to mention, i love snowboarding ^^ am just getting the hang of it now although , i still tend to slide off the hill uncontrollably and end up hitting a tree once in a while :p
No, i don't smoke, never tried :) Hmm...i wouldn't say my social skills are great..i have some close friends and i'm happy with that ^_^ I don't have a job (yet:P) meaning i'm almost always broke >.>
hrmm...i -think- that's about it...oh right, descriptions lol
Well, what can i say? I'm asian, i have black hair, black eyebrows, brown eyes, and i'm 5'3'' lol i first started playing dl around 2, 3 years ago? when i was grounded :p (dont ask why, it's complicated and long) and what can i say? I became addicted ^_^ and have been ever since.

Post subject: me in a nut-er, mudshell!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:55 am 

skipping the typical, and modifying a post to fit me.
Highschool student
hate DBz
plays Yugio (hates the show), but only because noone at his school plays tehhonorable game of Magic:The Gathering
grew out of anime after middleschool
White Wolf Rules
Horizontally advantaged
posses friends who exist outside my mind, 2.387 to be exact.
Don't have one, don't need one , don't want one.
no money
no job(looking for one)
just turn 217
anti-gossips
Thourough-bred halfbreed thespian.
pro-psychotic bitches
anti-men that are on pms
pro-choice
pro-stem cell research
anti-religious maniacs, but plan on becomming an Air Force Chaplain, not maniac
insist I am teh only normal person in teh universe, everyone else is wierd
favorite movie: Split, Either Nosferatu, Enemy at the Gates, or Edward Scissorhands.
favorite song: Jesus was a Country Boy
favorite book: Hicthhikers Guide to the Galaxy(soon to be a movie, whoop!)
Favorite Play: Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
favorite line: We All Desearve to Die! (from the musical Sweeney Todd)
i dont drink
i dont smoke
drugs are REAL expensive
favorite things to do: searching Ebay for a life.(where can I downlaod oen of those? I need to know)
things that i hate most: that really big room with the ceiling thats sometimes blue with a big yellow light and sometimes black with tiny white lights.

Post subject: Re: The Typical Mudder
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:37 am 

Kariyana wrote:
Yes, include that glasses-wearing, Coke-guzzling, fat kid whose main worship figure is Luke Skywalker or something. Because for me, it'd be that except he/she would also be into DBZ and Yu-Gi-Oh and they'd be pale white and no girlfriend :)

Cyradis = Atypical Mudder. No, not A Typical Mudder, Atypical means not typical dah!

I don't wear glasses, I don't drink coke. Its gross. I'm not fat, and I'm not a kid (I've been told I am a lady) Starwars is almost as annoying as Dwarves and Pixies. DBZ *must think* Oh Dragon Ball Z. No. Who has time to watch stupid cartoons in the morning. Same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh, but i do fancy his hair :) I love the sun *not pale* and, I'm sorry I don't have a girlfriend. I used to but then I realised I was straight and now I have a boyfriend.

Shira wrote:
Personlality:
(Possitive): Intelligent, Strategic, Informational, Logical, Open Minded
(Negative): Tends to think Sarcasm is awesome, Opinionated, Vindictive, Deceiving, and perhaps a bit unsociable in RL.

Physical Characteristics: Honestly, I think most who play on here are probably attractive, and on the contrary, not overweight, and if they are, not by much.

Lift Style: Eats food at computer or tends to forget to eat at all, if you smoke - ashes everywhere, Has made a personal binder/folder/file for quick reference for the game and sits lying somewhere near the computer, attacks the computer upon arriving home from work/school, ignorant of surroundings specially when spouse/ parents are yelling. I also believe these people know quite a lot about computer technology. These people tend to also have too much time on their hands. These people are also addicted to computer games.

Average Mud Player's age is: 15 - 25

Ok i think Shira got it more correct. I'm inteligent. I am NOT a strategist (which is probably why it took me so long to get to epics and now i never epic) I know alot of useless things (informational) I do not have any common sense, and I think I'm open minded.

Sarcasm is too confusing for me to use. Opinionated = Definitely ?Vindictive? = what does that mean? Deceiving = A lil :wink: but i'm very sociable. I talk too much too :)

Physical Characteristics: Got that right mate

Eats food at computer etc. EXACTLY RIGHT>> I forget to eat except when my mum and dad yell at me to eat, and I do have one of those folder thingies. My sister has one too for DL but i know DL off by heart, and there really is no walkthrough to download (im making one!) One thing was wrong but, I don't have enough time on my hands. I play muds when school is out!!! thats it.

Just summarising that stuff, once i realised what the topic was about. I'm also looking to become a lowbie :twisted: Must post, Must post, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:09 am 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

i dont like DBZ, i dont like Yu gio o. I wear thick glasses, but no one can tell because i usually wear contact lenses. I can get a girlfriend easily if i wanted to, but i'm too broke and have absolutely no time. i stop waking up early on Sat to catch cartoons when i was 13. i'm not pale. I dont drink coke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:05 am 
 E-mail  Profile

I hate most Anime, I play basketball when ever im not on DL, dont drink caffeine and am still in high school (im am currently 16 years of age)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:10 am 
 YIM  Profile

Don't drink coke and shhhh like that i have to drink energy drinks cause i am an athlete i dont watch much tv (the only animes i watch are the funny ones like family guy and stuff like that) spend most time reading books*HOLY SHHHHHHH SYLVAN READS* and listening to music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:03 am 
Dual-Avatar

Average? Of course! :D

white, tall skinny and lanky.
I have never had a girlfriend in all my 17 years of life. Not once. Never
Don't know what to do with one if i had one :lol: Wish i had one though, come to think of it.... :? Problem is all the nice girls are taken :cry:
I love to help people, as long as they aren't completely incomptent and i have something to work with. I get extreemly annoyed at people who act stupid when i try to help them on purpose.
I'm extreemly lazy, but get me keyed up about something and you won't see me stop i become a control freak and bash everthing in my way, from my worst enemies to my best of friends. I don't know why they put up with me. :wink:
I laugh too loud and long, and repat the punch line over and over till everyone wants to kill me.
I don't have any color, but i'm not nearly as bleached as michael jackson. I get comments in the locker room like "hey, you need to get out in the sun a little more dude!" I look at them in an extreemly annoyed way then, because we all know that it is very difficult to do when you live in the arctic north of New York and it's -30*F with a 10* windchill.
I can't stand all those rap thing's and ghetto talk.it bugs me because i inadvertantly stereotype everyone who acts like that to be a scumbag. Sorry.
I'm a total nerd, but i'm clawing my way back up the social ladder. I have no social life, because the first school dance i ever went to scared me. The music was loud, you could't carry on an intelligent conversation with anyone or anything, and people who i thought were normal started doing very crazy things. Havn't left the house since i got home that night. :| (just kidding)
My grades are good, hovering between A- and B+,(although slipping dramaticly in the last 5 weeks) i hate it when someone dumber than me gets consistantly better grades though. :evil: Makes me want to kick their *choice of body part here* across the largest space the current space allows. I'm a bit envius then.
I'm very weak, i only play golf in the spring.
I have friends in high places though, and i'm nervose about my future college life.
I don't drink, although i'm german and germans love beer, i can't stand the stuff and don't see what's the big deal, i don't like coffee either, give me coke and chocolate milk any day! I throw up when smoke is in the air,(very literally) and drugs suck eggs. (Eric Cartman: Drugs are bad, because if you do drugs, you're a hippie, and hippies suck!)
I guess that's all i'll tell.

Oh yeah, and Osama BinLaden is the biggest A*****E F*****G B*****D ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!!!! USA, ALL THE WAY!!

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:32 am 
Tri-Avatar

This thread sickens me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:17 am 
 WWW  Profile

weems wrote:
This thread sickens me.

Weems, seriously, this thread couldn't get any better! I seriously laughed my rear off on some of these posts! Find the amusement.

*laughs hysterically*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:44 am 
 WWW  Profile

O.o

Post subject: Re: The Typical Mudder
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:16 am 
 WWW  Profile

Kariyana wrote:
I'd just like to see what everyone pictures a typical MUD player to be ......

O.o = wondering why you posted about yourself. That wasn't what this post was about.

No offense, but was curious none-the-less. And it's not just you, I have noticed others doing the same as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:40 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

um... what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:33 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

it's because thats what the discussion is about, sorta, its about describing ones self to show others what the 'typical mudder' may or may not be :)

so some people have just posted mini bios about themselves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:22 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Cads wrote:
Want to either join the marines or go to school for Astronomy (Haven't really decided yet).

You know there's a don't ask, don't tell policy right? :lol:

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:16 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Why'd it get so quiet here all of a sudden....?

Keep the thread going unless you're scared of dentity theft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:19 pm 

Well, I dislike stereotyping, so I'll just say that I've also noticed that most mudders are teens or young adults. I started mudding at 15 (I think), on Gemstone III. I can't say more about typical mudders.

Myself:

Age 29

Male

Single

Yes, I smoke (disgusting, I know.)

Work as a mechanic and ink jet technician in a factory, also doing computer and photography work on the side (2 weddings last year)

I'm overweight (but haven't always been... I could rant on that)

*rummages around in his brain for a minute*
Drink Coke/Pepsi/Generic colas, Mt Dew, some coffee (not much, because even decaf gives me jitters), occaisional alcohol

PIZZA!!!!!

No, my keyboard isn't covered with ashes or food... but it's a new one, give it time...

I play some YuGiOh, and I used to play M:TG. I might pick up M:TG again, as there are local tournaments near where I currently live.

Er... Well, I guess you sorta get the picture... :)

Also Rivandor, Urvick, and Thog...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:39 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lingolas wrote:
college student
hate DBz
hate Yugio
grew out of anime after highschool
grew out of marvel superheroes after middle school(exception: spiderman from the movie)
into war games and a small fraction of RPGs
not fat
kinda skinny(working on it)
actually have friends
no gfriends
no money
no job(looking for one)
just turn 21
anti-gossips
anti-drama queen
anti-psychotic bitches
anti-men that are on pms
anti-abortion
anti-religious maniacs
anti-individuals that try to be unique like everyone else
favorite hero: spiderman from the movie
favorite movie: ?
favorite song: boys of summer
favorite book: the outsider
favorite line: psycholic bitch
i dont drink
i dont smoke
i don't do drugs
favorite things to do: hang out with friends, camping, fishing, and [beep]
things that i hate most: mining, epiccing, studying, looking for someting that i lost, ignorants.

I'll keep on updating this post when i can think of more...

Guest wrote:
this sound like me when i was in my teenage years.

Zidane wrote:
i cant remember when i had any of this :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:15 am 
Lowbie
 E-mail  Profile

high-school student
glasses
coffee! coffee! coffee! i love the stuff! (but, sadly, ironically, my parents don't let me drink it :()
hate DBz/Yugio/anime
not interested in comics except for the Phantom (occasionally)
skinny
love computers: RTSs, RPGs, flight simulators
antisocial - i have, like 3 friends and i have no idea why they stick around me...o wait, they're nerds too!
no bfriend
no money
no real job
anti-gossip
anti-drama queens
i don't drink or smoke or do drugs
intelligent
sarcastic
critical
pessimistic (the glass is half empty and it's leaking)
love reading: Terry Pratchett, Terry Brooks, Douglas Adams, Robert Jordan, Ian Irvine (mainly sci-fi)
Exercise? what does that mean?
messy
lazy
Commonly used phrases: "I want a coffee", "I can't be bothered", "give me the coffee"
geek/nerd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:52 am 

Sorry ahead of time.

I found the following rather insulting in more ways than one, and feel I must act. I must rectify the following ignorance. Flame me if you must.

Cyradis Khar'Del wrote:
My turn!
Firstly i'm a 16yr old Girl from Australia *No, that is NOT in Europe*

Really? My image of the world is now shattered. Next you'll be tellin' me the world is round. I'll be forced to perform ritual suicide.

Quote:
there is just WAY to much for me to do.

I feel for you.

Quote:
*football is soccar to some nations*

If I had a nickel...

Quote:
I own my boat, a lil' 420.

No... way. Dude. Killer.

Quote:
Never done drugs, Hung out with a lot of druggo's though. Some (Amazingly) Are really nice people.

I don't like to consider myself a 'druggo', but rather a normal individual who explores alternate lifestyles. My life doesn't revolve around anything I partake in. Though, I'm not one of the nice ones.

Quote:
At School I take English

If you had not informed me, I would have never known from your sentence structure.

Quote:
died a natural red

Wazzuh? It can be called natural red even though it's not? Would that make my previously genuine red hair infact artifical red? Egads.

Quote:
I DONT like men that swear around ladies *such as myself*

To be bothered by 'foul' language is nonsense. And at 16, you're no more a lady than I am.

Quote:
I DONT like girls who dress disgustingly

Good to know the fashion police are making the streets safe at night. I can rest easy.

Quote:
I DONT like people who aren't down to earth.

It must be hard to keep in contact from space. The long distance must be murder.

Quote:
i'll wish anyone who reads this far all the best for the rest of the day :D

So those who didn't don't get it? Good, we don't need the *%)&%*$ anyway. I am part of the truly blessed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:27 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Three things:
One: u r a dumb arse
Two: you have way too much time on your hands to be this picky about what people say.
Three: Granted, some of it was funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:50 am 

Gilgolad wrote:
Three things:
One: u r a dumb arse
Two: you have way too much time on your hands to be this picky about what people say.
Three: Granted, some of it was funny.

One: Maybe, but I don't need to point out you're one too.
Two: Again, you may be right. But you took the time to comment on my worthless post, so, do you also not have anything worthwhile to do?
Three: That was the point. Besides, I don't need you to tell me it's funny. I'm well aware of this already. But it warms my heart to a luke warm 75F to have someone notice. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:06 am 
Tri-Avatar

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was so long overdue, Jorelani!

And I swear to god, if you hadn't done it, I would have gotten around to it eventually. Cyradis's posts were simply unbelievable. I have had at least 10 or 15 good and long laughs from reading through them.

Gotta love those arrogant, pampered, and very naive little girls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:31 am 

*bows*