Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is life Pointless?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:41 pm 

To what point and purpose is our life? We are a neverending circle of pain and memories of pain. I mean, what happens when you make money, for example. You gain monetary wealth in the eyes of your peers. How could life have meaning? If everything is based on rank of each other, then our government and life is a naïve representation of a false reality. Nothing means anything except for opinions. Opinions given to each other are usually in spite or malice, doubting the obvious good intentions of them. Every thing we do is laced with pain or suffering, or sarcasm which obviously does more hurt then help. Plain derogatory terms to each other, the only thing that can save us is selfless people who help the world, entertain good thoughts and unanimous liberalism. But, because of the more conservative people, out for their own, Killing anything to get on top, it just is the way our economy now works. If we abolished those people, no longer would we have pain and suffering but eternal happiness for all. But that even would be hypocritical in the fact that we would be destroying populace based off a certain trait or character. Obviously this is not the way to solve it, but what is? To get rid of people who work for self gain, ignoring them? Nothing will work because human nature in itself is a hypocrite, we all. Our a bunch of hypocritical bastards, human nature creates vices and jealousy and nohing we do can really be seen as normal or non-violence based. Without gain there can be no happiness or us humans, and with gain comes loss, Loss. Loss is a terrible thing, loss of ones sanity, or property, or just main self-confidence, it doesn’t matter, someone always gains from you losing. It’s a dog eat dog world they say, but who says it? Cynical hypocrites who would sell their mother to get ahead, the price, that they’d sell there mother for, Well, they’d still try to wring as much money from you even on this deal. Our life deals with only the present and now, foresight is a trait lost to the past. We are savages, thinking of only now, not preparing for the future, demolishing ourselves in lavish presents, luxuries, while others suffer. “Help poor inner city kidsâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:42 am 

"Is Life Pointless?"

Yes.

A recent scientific study done at Quasi University reveals that life is indeed pointless. You might as well kill yourself now and get it over with.

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:30 am 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

life has one purpose, and that's to live

what you do with that life is what affects the quality of said life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:30 am 

^^ What she says.

If you are asking yourself whether the life is pointless or not... You definitely need a change.

Life is to learn the experience and then hopefully share it.
Life is to have happy moments and remember them during difficult times.

Pleasure and sacrifice... If you know no pain and sadness, you dont know the happiness and pleasure either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:01 am 
Tri-Avatar

The point of life is to figure out what the point is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:06 am 
Pickles! Because IceCream has no bones!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:53 pm 

How can you live a copied life? full of cliches and critiques.

To live is but a mortals dream, with no knowledge

Life is just a gigantic circle of loneliness and pain, and yes, I do have a girlfriend. But still I feel this utter feeling of loneliness in the world, that longing for something better, something that will suffice me in my life, the ultimate pleasure. So far in every direction there is only pain. Why do we kill one another, because we want to conquer, demolish, and destroy. I do not believe in this yet you seem optimistic while power-hungry tyrants rule the earth and you do nothing. Even America has its flaws. President after president has finally bred a weak one? Or is our government heretical against the ideals and hypocritically wants to switch back to Monarchy? Power is merely a dream , for no real power comes with leadership, just decisions and choice.

If life's purpose is to find life's purpose, then we are just idiots. In that case I salute you fellow Fool, and open my arms wide to your accepting upbeat acceptance of foolish and silly explanations. You only dodge questions with foolish ideals and answers because in fact, you have no answer, You have decided that you cannot make your own decisions, and with this you lose your freedom.

But I, I suffer too from the pre-paragraph to this. I am a hopeless dodger, I cannot simply answer a question, I can only philosophy the meaning of life and how jesus and the church is a complete contradiction to me. I cannot find my religion, Nor do I need it, What I need is truth, and the truth will be a lie. And I cannot stand that utter defiance of innocence.

Chloe. Ice cream does have bones. Because in a sense ice cream is made of fat from cows, and cows have bones, and whatever is associated with coming out of cows could be cows so therefore ICE CREAM HAS BONES. Pickles, do not.

-Accessing Philosophical Un-logical thinking program-
-Program shutdown attempted-
-Error 404 Http does not exist-
-Your keyboard is not connected, Press enter to continue-
-Shutdown enabled, Please wait-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:23 am 

Philosophy is stupid.

We're here for whatever reason you want to believe we're here for. There is a point, else we wouldn't be here. And I suggest you get a hobby... you have too many long posts... You should study or something.. get good grades so you can get a good job..

(BTW: I'm a christian, so that's where I get my point from) And if you wanna debate religion with me... it's not gonna happen cause I am busy with school

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:04 am 

Tuler wrote:
Philosophy is stupid.

-snip-

(BTW: I'm a christian, so that's where I get my point from) And if you wanna debate religion with me... it's not gonna happen cause I am busy with school

Same could be said about religion. Philosophy is a verbal description of the nature of life that are points to be considered (not a set of rules). Two different things entirely.

Philosophy is used everywhere. In common day speech, mixed up, mutated, and translated after thousands of years. You may use it and not even be aware of what you're doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:43 pm 

I respect taht you're christian but really, have you seen the miracles of god? I am agnostic, not aethiest, Christians seem to blindly put faith in god and the holy spirit, but why, christians have done so much bad before, such as the inquisition or you know, the crusades, they are the cause of major influences of torture. Who do you thinkd eveloped allt hose bad things?

ANd jore, You are right, philosphy is all around us, but i BELIEVE that philosphy is really the questioning of beliefs, The description of nature yes, but is that description right? how would we know if we had only false comparisons to compare with, it seems inane and silly to even try to comprehend. Now tuler you say that we were put on this earth, otherwise we wouldn't be put here. But that isn't true, we aren't all special, we aren't all individuals we are a mass of populated thinkers who contradict and copy like a hypocritical mass of propanganda spilling monkeys. We cannot form governments with others, yet we long for them. Why? because we are simply a core root of jealous advanced animals. That's allw e merely our, Souls do not exist. We are simply recreations of our DNA, there is no other explanation to us. If we are just DNA though, then who created the first cell. God? Pssh, how could god exist, a higher power yet he does not do anything to helpt he suffering of the world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:01 am 

Skky wrote:
I respect taht you're christian but really, have you seen the miracles of god? I am agnostic, not aethiest, Christians seem to blindly put faith in god and the holy spirit, but why, christians have done so much bad before, such as the inquisition or you know, the crusades, they are the cause of major influences of torture. Who do you thinkd eveloped allt hose bad things?

ANd jore, You are right, philosphy is all around us, but i BELIEVE that philosphy is really the questioning of beliefs, The description of nature yes, but is that description right? how would we know if we had only false comparisons to compare with, it seems inane and silly to even try to comprehend. Now tuler you say that we were put on this earth, otherwise we wouldn't be put here. But that isn't true, we aren't all special, we aren't all individuals we are a mass of populated thinkers who contradict and copy like a hypocritical mass of propanganda spilling monkeys. We cannot form governments with others, yet we long for them. Why? because we are simply a core root of jealous advanced animals. That's allw e merely our, Souls do not exist. We are simply recreations of our DNA, there is no other explanation to us. If we are just DNA though, then who created the first cell. God? Pssh, how could god exist, a higher power yet he does not do anything to helpt he suffering of the world

Okay. First. Philosphy(sp) is ridiculous in many ways, some it's not, but overall it is. I believe what I know, what I've seen, and I have questioned everything, and will continue to do so.

Skky. Do some research on the crusades. You'll find that the PEOPLE'S crusade was the bad one. That was not offical, it was a bunch of farmers, and random people that wanted to "be forgiven of their sins". There were 4 or so crusades all around the same time. I've done many papers, and much research on the subject.

Now. Have I seen any acts of God? Yes. many. People just refuse to believe them as acts of God. Everything is an act of God, it's a matter of whether or not you want to believe it. I've not ALWAYS been a christain. Yes my parents are, and no I'm not forced to go to chruch, I often take sunday's off to go out with my girlfriend, and I've questioned every other faith.

The acts of people in the past DO NOT define the acts and beliefs of those today, else everyone would be labeled as some radical. I can't think of a race that hasn't commited horrible crimes, and have them committed against them. Everyone seems to remember the Jews being procecuted, and the genocide attempt, but VERY FEW know of the attempted Christian genocide. It's all a matter of knowledge.

Again, I won't be here much.. just I did my homework in math class.. so don't expect a heck of a lot.

Post subject: Life has no meaning
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:29 am 
 E-mail  Profile

Well, here is where I feel like I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but you post, so I'll reply.

Life does not need a meaning. One of the biggest problems humanity has is they feel they have to know _everything_ . People who believe in god often believe because they _have_ to have a reason for being here. Most of them won't admit it, but deep inside, it's true. People feel lost and alone the second they enter this world. Look at our history. We have looked for everything, if it wasnt valuable, we discarded it, if it was, we overused it, if we couldn't understand it, we destroyed it. Humanity is still like a child clawing through a chest of toys. Grab, chew, discard,play, lose ect.

You do not need to have a meaning of life, you only have to make one. And every single person in this world must make their own.
Pain is perspective. Suffering is perspective. Just like everything else.
If you let your pain rule you, it will conquer you. If you dwell in your suffering, you will suffer. Don't get me wrong here, Im not a Happy Little Ray of Sunshine walkin around. I work a very hard job and am surrounded by people all day who hate their lives and make no effort to change, content for the moment to have something to complain about.
Every day I wake up and tell myself my day is going to be as good or as bad as I make it. Every day I tell myself after work, I earn the time to do what I enjoy.
Thats all life is, work for the things you enjoy, and be sure to set time aside for them. Be it children, video games, music, concerts, poetry, marriage, literature. My grandfather told me one of the wisest things I have ever heard in my short life.

"When your young, you care what everyone thinks,
when you get a little older, you dont give a ****
what anyone thinks, when you get to be my age,
you realize no one was looking in the first place."

Ever since I heard that, I realized I can only live life for me.
I don't care what anyone thinks, as long as I am happy.
We will never please everyone, but we can always watch out for number one. We come into this world alone, and you will leave it alone.

Darken, --possibly insightful, usually megalomanical--

Post subject: Re: Life has no meaning
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:08 pm 

Darken wrote:
Life does not need a meaning. One of the biggest problems humanity has is they feel they have to know _everything_.

Nod.

I was watching a series on Showtime called Odyssey 5. I won't go into details, but a main character (geneticist) explained why he didn't fear death. I'm paraphrasing: "The universe had been around billions of years before I was ever born, and I remember oblivion being quite comfortable."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:57 am 
Mud Imp
 E-mail  Profile

I believe that the meaning of life is to learn. The whole time here is what I like to refer to as, "one big learning trip". From the moment of birth, till our very last breath we are learning new things at a rapid rate. We learn to cope with pain, love, issues in everyday life. We learn to grow. We learn to be ourselves. We sometimes learn to be a clone. We learn to survive. We are here to learn and then apply what we have learned to make a dramatic difference in the world to further benefit our very own human race for the future. Without ending up having the human race ultimately destroy itself.