Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Credit where it's due:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:38 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Ok, I'm personally slightly picky about things, so uhm...to everyone, if you have an inspiration based off a topic brought up in another thread, please at least SAY where you got the inspiration from. Cause I know that I, personally, get irked when things that look like my ideas or look like they were taken from my ideas, are rehashed and claimed as someone elses without a little blurb saying "thank you so and so for the idea/inspiration". I don't want a cookie or a gold star for my efforts, just credit where it's due. Please, and thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:53 pm 
Dual-Avatar

Avestifal, I got the weapon modification idea from a different kind of MUD (it was GodWars I beleive), I'm not sure, but I think I posted a note on the idea board a while back too, I know for sure that I had mentioned it to Celeborn...whether he was AFK, I don't know.

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 pm 
Retired Caretaker
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

you will probably end up finding alot of people with ideas very similar to your own.
For example, in the idea lists, i often get nearly identical idea submissions by totally different people, sometimes weeks or months apart. All you can do, is go with it, and add your input. In the end, if an idea is accepted into the mud, you're not going to get credit for it anyways, other than the personal satisfaction of knowing you assisted in the development of the mud :)

(and for what its worth, many, many, many people have assisted in the development of the mud)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:57 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

A) I didn't say I wanted any kind of special credit for any of my idea's that got implemented in the mud.

B) I said *IF* you get your idea/the inspiration from another person's post it might be polite to mention a blurb. If it's a wholly autonomous idea, kudos.

C) I didn't say you took my idea, I'm sorry if I implied it was, I just thought it would've fit into that thread and didn't need a seperate one, my apologies that I wasn't clearer.