Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Celeborns adventures as a newbie!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:59 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Hi guys!

To get more attuned to the game a set of Caretakers recently set out on a quest to level a tri-av before the end of March. I decided to
make a little journal for later reference.

Pepden stout frame is adorned with softly glowing red battle
tattoos, honoring Sekhmet. An brightly orange beard explodes
from his face, covering most of his chest. No hair resides on
his head, and his bleak skin is worn and old. When he talks,
Pepden is very loud and expressive, flailing parts of his
body as if in combat.

Day 1 to 3:
Gathered myself a mace, collected some gear, and trained myself in their use. I'm guided into the arena by some weird depressed people who look really grumpy. For some reason I just whacked some rats and squirrels. attacking is slow but thats probably good thing, wouldn't want it to go too quickly. It takes me a few hits to kill even a squirrel. They dont hurt me at all though.

Day 4:
I can feel skill surging in my handsstarted to gain speed, killing them in one hit. The mobs fight as if they have no spirit left. They certainly arent a threat. I just lunge till I waver and fall down. there's no reason to stay on my feet, these beasts are absolutely no threat.

Day 5:
Something invisible is stalking me. I'm scared. mommy!
I discovered I can talk to the voices in my head while fighting cats and dog, and I /still/ not get hurt!

Day 6:
Still in the academy. I havent had the need to leave yet. I'm not hungry, not thirsty. I've seem to have made a friend. a tiny fey is following me around, speaking in pixie. I wonder what she's talking about. I've discovered a cave of goblins. Its strange they just wander around here doing nothing. Like the dogs and the squirrels.
I wonder if this is sort of like the impounding office. The cat/dog/squirrel/goblin impouding office, and i'm playing exterminator. oh well.

Day 7:
The goblins live with kobolds in the same cave. Thats just not healthy. On a lighter note, I've still found no use for the little book with prisms the fey gave me. Havent really needed it yet, and all the prisms within seem pretty useless. I wish I would notice myself getting unsteady better [[ooc:add color to balance text in compressed fprompt text]].

Day 8:
Ok, snack attack! I forgot to eat, and before I knew it I was to weak to wield a sword. I recalled to the healer, and approached the door to access the arena (with delicious bread growing from the floor, I might add), and that evil maniac blocked my access! I had to be holding my sword!

Fearing death-by-snack-attack, I ran around the academy to find not even a single fountain. I ran outside to find a stand selling roasted meats. I tried buying some, but they refused! I was unable to carry it!

Vision fading to black I crawled to the city center of Tarsonis. Thankfully the trusty fountain was spewing water so I was able to drink myself back to health. [[ooc: fix hunger! X_X]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:16 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Day 9&10:
After considering my recent food problems and getting really fed up with this dusty town I traded all my chipmunk treasure chests for six roasted quail, a waterskin and a rusty sextant. The merchant seemed a bit too happy with all the pieces of glass and dusty scrolls in there, so I wrote him down on my list of people to stare at when I have nothing to do at night.

I decided to check the local tavern for a hint where to go next. Myth's Bar and Grill. Enjoying a mug of his finest (and nothing grilled by the way, I hate fake advertising!). A tip to the barkeep provided me with a finger pointed at some parchment nailed on a barrel. It was titled 'help levelling', and strangely enough didn't dictate how to level a building but coordinates of places of treasure! Or what I would gather are places of treasure. [[ooc: for newbie area, a larger inn with patrons to obtain quest from and tell about the areas instead of 'help levelling' would be nice]]

So with a mug of Myth's speciality I headed for the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:35 am 
Arch-Caretaker

Day 11:
Outside the city where the city gates meet the darkened roads I discovered some glowing in the distance. A scarred lizardman with silvergrey deadlocks and a mightly looking outfit was performing some foul magic. I waited and observed until he left and set out into the night.

I really wish I knew how what roads lead where. My sextant helps me find my location but travelling cross country is suicide!

SEE! SEE! Thats just what I mean. I took /one/ step off the road and got assaulted by a cricket. Luckily I dispenced of it within one hit, so it must have been a lazy one. [[ooc: what? err? cricket attack? huh? I sure feel like i'm playing everquest now. another snake! WHEE another one! Better luck next time! oh look, a FROG! While we're at it, might as well lower the encounter chance at daytime. The map seems absolutely gigantic playing this way, and I think adding some sort of mud generated areas (mini-epics) would be a good idea. gives a good reason to explore ]]

By chance I spotted the proud king's towers of Midian! I think i'll head there and see if I can find myself a spyglass to ease my navigation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:05 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

i like the idea of a pre-epic mud generated area, also... celeborn.... what ever happend to finnishing up your adventure?