Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Reaction to the PvP code
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:19 pm 
Dual-Avatar
 WWW  Profile

I get so excited reading the pvp changes.
what do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:21 am 
Dual-Avatar

We're livin' it dude, livin it! Got nothin to say cause we live it.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:10 am 
Tri-Avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

we need to get some clans to trash talk and get some action going :twisted: the war channel is never in usage :!:

Last edited by Zidane on Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:18 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

lol, zidane, thats what the "war" channel's for :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm 

Since the pvp code has been put in, there is an increasing number of players that want to pk, but are too lazy to level a character for it, instead they use their existing triavs to pk each other endlessly and illegally, but agree not to report one another.
I don't think this is fair to the rest of us that have played by the rules and levelled pvp characters because we wanted to pk. Firstly it cheats us out of the chance to pk those that didn't create a pvp char and are illegally using peacefuls to pk, and secondly those players have an enormous level advantage on everyone that is abiding by the rules.
My suggestion is that maybe the justic system needs to be changed so that players that illegally pk are *automatically* assigned a criminal flag whether they are reported or not, and it be left up to the JC guards to either jail, or if it in fact was an accidental kill, pardon them for it.
I realize this makes it possible for JC members to abuse the pardon command, but if we truly have responsible, honest JC members, that wouldn't be an issue.
The only other solution to make it fair for the TRUE pvp characters, is to allow them to pk peacefuls without fear of jail.
This is a solution i don't think would work, and i would be against personally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:55 pm 
 YIM  Profile

its been alright ive had fun with it :P there is always someone who isn't satisfied with the way things are going though lol if it isn't played by their rule or their standards its not going to be fun.
Anyway Eventine all those people killing each other where all from the same guild Brothers of blah blah blah :P they kill each other for fun of it its way it is :P and they have been doing it before pvp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:57 pm 
 YIM  Profile

The moral of this story is don't jump to conclusions :P

Last edited by Samius on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:06 pm 
 YIM  Profile

oops so dreadfully srry bout this lol think my sis got a hold of the comp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:33 am 

Eventine wrote:
Since the pvp code has been put in, there is an increasing number of players that want to pk, but are too lazy to level a character for it, instead they use their existing triavs to pk each other endlessly and illegally, but agree not to report one another.
I don't think this is fair to the rest of us that have played by the rules and levelled pvp characters because we wanted to pk. Firstly it cheats us out of the chance to pk those that didn't create a pvp char and are illegally using peacefuls to pk, and secondly those players have an enormous level advantage on everyone that is abiding by the rules.
My suggestion is that maybe the justic system needs to be changed so that players that illegally pk are *automatically* assigned a criminal flag whether they are reported or not, and it be left up to the JC guards to either jail, or if it in fact was an accidental kill, pardon them for it.
I realize this makes it possible for JC members to abuse the pardon command, but if we truly have responsible, honest JC members, that wouldn't be an issue.
The only other solution to make it fair for the TRUE pvp characters, is to allow them to pk peacefuls without fear of jail.
This is a solution i don't think would work, and i would be against personally.

I think this is a terrible idea. How would it discern from true accidental attacks? Would you let the good/bad/indifferent abuse the pardon feature still?