Dark Legacy MUD Forum

Multi User Fantasy Text Game
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: My new website
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:24 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I am currently working on a new project called "The AskaniEstel Launch site (Project MediaFair)."

The point of it is to create, run, and update a website with a mass amount of information for Dark-Legacy, a sort of guide to Dark-Legacy that won't give out such info like runewords which people should have to find themselves or info on who's who and dadada. It'll be mainly a guide for newbies who need a ton of help like finding decent equipment, where to level and how to get there, and what to do if you're getting killed instead of begging for heals over ooc.

If anybody would like to contribute to this I would appreciate any help, this project will take tons and tons of time to fully complete and if enough is done in one month's time I am going to enter it in a Media Fair contest.

Currently it will be hosted by geocities until I have enough money to get a domainname then i'll transer it all and continue with my efforts to help make this wonderous drug-addiction-like game (lol) a bit easier for everybody (note: it will also have info for you peoples who are already epics and so forth)

And to the Immortals: If you have any problem with this, please let me know and I will stop or change anything to suit your concerns

Also to celeborn, zeraphin, or isabelle: I won't be adding anything secretive like dwarvensteel stuffs,runewords, or the such so the secret stays secret like it should

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:34 pm 
Tri-Avatar

Whats wrong with publishing data like runewords? As long as the runewords are public, then theres no reason not to say it. I can 'discover' the runeword for fortuner merely by asking about it on OOC. It is not a great secret. There is nothing wrong with publishing such data as long as it is already known to the general public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:28 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Well I mean, I thought the runewords (as far as my 2% newbish knows) wasn't supposed tobe said aloud but i'll add that in the Runes page (once i get all the designing done lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:33 pm 
Dual-Avatar

They shouldn't have been in the first place by those who learned them. Those that have already gone public might as well be spread. Luckily, we have some people who don't go around telling everyone the runewords they know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:03 am 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

whee golddust (i knew that before kia made it public, so i feel special :))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:49 pm 
Dual-Avatar

99% of the ones that are public aren't of much use anyhow. Those can be spread far and wide without serious ramifications to the game, but the REALLY good ones should be kept secret.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:23 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Update: Pets And Eggs Page has been created and linked to the mainpage in Kamseki's Whois. Will be updated and organized this afternoon after school at home when I have my information sheet of pets and eggs and dadada.

Lemme know if the link doesn't work or if fonts and or images aren't working!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:38 pm 
Just an idle thought....why not post the site here. Add it to your profile so we can take a peek without waiting for you to be on DL when were bored or need the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:48 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Update(Feb 1st 06)

Pets Page organized and running now
Runes Page added and running
Main page has pets and runes page links on it

http://www.geocities.com/kamiru_2005/As ... Estel.html

^ is the main page url

Im hoping to get this done within the next 2-3 weeks (or at least running then adding and updating)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:42 am 
Dual-Avatar
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

if you need to use the eggs on the thread i created, i tryed all of them myself other than the granite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 am 
Dual-Avatar

Hate to tell you this, but there's about 3 other sites just like this one that have tons more info that you do. I suggest you ask their owners if you could borrow some of their info. In fact, i beleive Silvanos has the most complete guide to DL stuff ever, everything from eggs, runes, and a few select rune words. He even has ALL of the potions AND Vials documented plus their effects.

And the angels sang in immaculate chorus, and down from the heavens decended Chuck Norris!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:07 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

http://www.geocities.com/kamiru_2005/as ... estel.html

New link due to a few problems...only difference is its all lowercase now

and Crafts page is now being worked on

And FYI gilgolad

THE FREAKIN SITE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION! CANT YA FREAKIN READ!? i have that clearly on the mainpage!

I aint perfect and i aint ALWAYS online so cut me some slack, at least im freakin trying and im doin all this by myself without any help whatsoever cept the contributers so stop yer criticism or take it elsewhere, i just started this thing so you cant expect me to be done yet...And i cant get EVERY tid bit of info in 3seconds flat cause i test things before posting them so i know its for real instead of lies

And if theres other sites then whoopdie do good for them. I just wanna be a lil more helpful to this game instead of just the guild and my friends. And if you do got a site then i dun mind you linking to me or vice versa if you ask first.

That is all for now so dont whine again cause im only a newbie in this atm so give me some time to get it up and fully running okay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:34 am 
Dual-Avatar

I would normally come and berate you for some reason, but I have a killer headache right now and can't think of what insults to spew at you, so I will instead leave you with a useful website:

http://www.w3schools.com/

The most useful parts are most likely:
http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

You may later wish to investigate some more complicated languages such as PHP or ASP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:53 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Very funny haha

I don't "NEED" those things to do html, the way the site is isn't gonna stay like that. I will eventually make it better,shinier,etc,etc. The current style is just temporary so I can keep the info online and make sure certain things work here and there. Consider it a prototype sorta? Once its up then ill gradually upgrade it and make it a lot fancier and dadada. Give teh newbie some tiiiiimmmeee pls :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:29 am 
Tri-Avatar

Kamseki wrote:
Very funny haha

I don't "NEED" those things to do html, the way the site is isn't gonna stay like that. I will eventually make it better,shinier,etc,etc. The current style is just temporary so I can keep the info online and make sure certain things work here and there. Consider it a prototype sorta? Once its up then ill gradually upgrade it and make it a lot fancier and dadada. Give teh newbie some tiiiiimmmeee pls :P

Those links he gave aren't "FUNNY", they are downright helpful. There is a lot of very good information there, you should use the resources and thank Quintos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:34 am 
Dual-Avatar

Kamseki wrote:
Very funny haha

Excuse me for trying to help, won't do it again, ma'am! But please, don't make it any shinier...and fancier isn't necessarily better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:55 am 
Caretaker
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Kamseki wrote:
Very funny haha

You should really look at those sites. They're VERY helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:22 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Okay I admit I'm being an idiot for not taking your suggestions and i'm extremely sorry..I'm being a..what you cal it...um..Fathead? I just wanted to see how well I could do on my own before I actually tried other things... Please forgive my..ehm...stupidness and please cpntiue helping if if you want to...Cause imma need loads of help once I get the Epic Class Page up cause I'll need somebody to help me fill in the blanks of what I don't already know. So Wemms, Quintos, Kia...Me Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:06 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

Im posting abstractly here..assume that i dont have my own website. Why would you feel the need to create a site with information that has already been discovered and get the knowledge from the ground up? Youd literally have to rediscover all 84 (i think it is) epic classes in this case in order to completely confirm that that is what they are...when its already been done. Why not look at someone else's site and improve upon that? (Assuming of course that there are no big mistakes or that you have something else to show ppl) Because otherwise imo, youre not adding anything new. (Which is something everyone needs) I hope you can view this criticism as a very real question and not take it personally/as an insult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:12 am 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

I'm doing this cause:

1.I do mostly see lots of sites that are old and havent been updated in a LONG long time
2.Im bored and wanna do somethin halfway useful
3.Nothin wrong with doin it right?
4.And I dont really need to test the epics cause i know what they are but didnt have them up today cause i was working from school and info is at home
5. um...ill get back to ya on that lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:14 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

The Epic page 3 class combos listings are done..Just needta fill in the Epic Classes themselves

Anybody willing to contribute some of the Epic Classes Please do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:38 pm 
Tri-Avatar

I think that list is already completed and done, in other places. No need to try to reinvent the wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:15 pm 
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

ugh weems i can do whatever i want with this even if its been done 10bazillion times. its my site so i can make whatever i want on it yeesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:30 pm 
Tri-Avatar
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

even dancing ponies tied to chickens? :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:06 pm 
 YIM  Profile

is it me or did we shy away from the subject lol
Hopefully it isn't just me